PDA

View Full Version : Koxka Serve overs (evaporator problems)

Chris2005
15-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Hi all!

Do any of you have problems with the evaporators on koxka serve overs i have been on quite a few at supermarkets they corrode badly and lose the gas..
I have noticed if they keep coleslaw in them it seems to eat them away what ever kind of reaction it has..

Were would be the best place to buy replacement evaps in the uk/N.Ireland.

Cheers Chris.

Latte
15-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi Chris,

First of all try Montgomery Refrigeration at Falcon Rd Belfast.
028 9066 2111 E-mail Sales@montgomeryrefrig.demon.co.uk
They are the import guys for koxka.

Secondly you could try Beehive coils in Newmarket but you would probably have to send them the old one but they will make anything.

Don't know why but Koxka evap are notorious for leaks and soucing parts a nightmare. Rule of thumb normally, if it's an old R12 unit its easier/cheaper to scrap it and get a new one from Fosters or Williams.

If you can give us more unit details will try and help

Regards

Fatboy

Mark
16-03-2005, 10:52 AM
A prominent problem associated with mostly integrals storing deli,salad ie strong cheeses,salami/sausage,dressing etc is evap leaks on return bend joints etc,(copper becoming pitted)
It is not only koxxka, all makes suffer,when i get time i will post link to discussion we had about the subject.
Kind regards.Mark

chemi-cool
16-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Its the Strong cheeses and vinegar that causes pitting and eventually holes.

I had such a problem in a goat cheese maturing room, ammonia was the problem there.

The third coil was spray painted with epoxy paint, one layer per week, six times.

Lost a bit of heat exchange but it is running fine for 3 years now.

Blygold didn't hold over 3 months.

Another thing is using a SS coil and fins but I'm afraid it cost more then the whole unit.

Chemi :)

Chris2005
18-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi chemi

Its a pitty the people who make the evaps for serve overs and salad bars wouldnt do this when they are making them.
I was on a salad bar a while ago which had a gas leak the unit was 2 years old.
So i got out the leak detector and sure enuf the evap was leaking at one of the bends the copper wasnt exsposed it was covered with grey paint but the was chipped off at that place.

The copper coils are paper thin the prob is that bat we dont get involved in selling these cabinets (just repair them) as it would end up giving us a bad name.
But before fitting any new evaps i will take your advice and give them a good spraying in the future.
Thanks chris.

Vandy422
03-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I have been successful in using an Epoxy ecoat in the same areas as listed above as well as grape storage. They are in the US and called ElectroFin.