PDA

View Full Version : TK Trivia 3

nova
14-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Ok, this is easy one, but hey, it's good to have some discussion here so here we go:

What is the purpose of the 3-way valve condenser by-bass check valve and describe the conditions when it's opened?

Leo1967
14-03-2005, 07:31 AM
This is an easy one,in very cold conditions the valve will not open the passage to the condenser until the gas has reached a certain pressure.
Regards to everyone

Reeferjon
14-03-2005, 08:46 AM
I pose this Q quite a lot and it will be interesting to see what the replys are from individual climates

John

nova
15-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Ok, this is easy one, but hey, it's good to have some discussion here so here we go:

What is the purpose of the 3-way valve condenser by-bass check valve and describe the conditions when it's opened?

"Little" correction: condenser pressure by-bass check valve.

nova
15-03-2005, 10:11 PM
This is an easy one,in very cold conditions the valve will not open the passage to the condenser until the gas has reached a certain pressure.
Regards to everyone

Could be that I understood you wrongly, but your description is not what I was looking for.
The condenser pressure by-bass check valve is moving the pressure from where to what and in what condition? :)

Latte
15-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey John,

I am begining to get into this. Perhaps you and Nova could get together and launch TK training on line :D

Regards

Fatboy

Reeferjon
16-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Hey John,

I am begining to get into this. Perhaps you and Nova could get together and launch TK training on line :D

Regards

Fatboy

Hehe...that would really upset some people.
Anyway.
Hints.
Try Hot ambients, Low box temps and heat cycle.

chemi-cool
16-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi Nova.

If I get your drift, then you refer to the head pressure control.

its job is to maintain the pressure in the receiver when the pressure in the condenser is too low, a by bypass open and the hot gas go directly to the receiver keeping the liquid pressure against the TXV.

It is useful in areas where you need to cool in winter time and ambient is too low.

Chemi :)

Reeferjon
16-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Think about how the 3WV works, how it shifts, what keeps it in the cool position and what forces work against it in heat.

chemi-cool
17-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi John,

Thats leave only the heat reclaim valve.
We do not use it in this part of the world.

I have looked on the lorries today, but no TK, only Carrier but I'm sure they are the same inside.

Chemi :)

Latte
17-03-2005, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=Reeferjon]Hehe...that would really upset some people.

Don't worry John, I wouldn't tell anyone (For a cut of course) ;) . I am sure there must be some kind of online training already. Koxka done some on CD, dont know if you can get any through Learn direct or ICS would be interested to know if anyone knows of any.

Regards

Fatboy

PS. P6-500, SNWD,SB-1 all worked fine without all these valves :rolleyes:

nova
22-07-2005, 09:41 PM
3-way valve condenser by-pass check valve is open when ever condenser pressure is higher than compressor discharge pressure.. oh c'mon, can this really be the case IRL!?! Hell yes! :D