PDA

View Full Version : lowering micron readings

Randykissling
17-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Hi guys was thinking of purchasing 3/8" hose for my vacuum pump. Was told it will speed up evacuations and get me lower micron readings. The part i'm not sold on is the fact the hoses will attach to 1/4" schraders with 3/16" openings which will still choke everything down. 10 ton roof top units will be about the largest I will be working on Thank you
Randy

Hammer
09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Randy, you actually want to go to a 1/2 inch hose to your pump from the system. It flows 16 times the more than a 1/4 inch hose and the greater the flow the faster it will go. The molecules slow down thru the 1/4 inch system fitting but speed up rapidly when they hit the 1/2 hose to the pump. Go to your local wholersaler and ask for the Appion 1/2 inch hoses. They are vacuum rated to 20 microns.

sneep
09-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi guys was thinking of purchasing 3/8" hose for my vacuum pump. Was told it will speed up evacuations and get me lower micron readings. The part i'm not sold on is the fact the hoses will attach to 1/4" schraders with 3/16" openings which will still choke everything down.
Randy

Analogy the Appion rep used I like is a 3 lane highway and a accident closes off 2 lanes. Once past the accident you're back up to speed. More flow than a single lane with no accidents.

Magoo
10-05-2010, 03:38 AM
The bigger the pipe and the shortest pipe will acheive a better and quicker low vacuum.

Tesla
10-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Hi Randy
as for the 1/4" schrouder restriction - get a couple schrouder valve removal tools. They can remove/replace the valve while gas is in the system saving a lot of evacuation time. One supplier is yellow jacket (ritchie).