PDA

View Full Version : Service Bulletin Quiry

Latte
13-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Hi Guys,

I recieved a couple of weeks ago a service bulletin which no doubt some of you will have seen. It relates to the positioning of a TEV and say's that they can maulfunction if not vertical. Now as far as i am aware TEV's are operated using pressure against an internal spring so what difference does it's location make. Here is the Bullentin apart from the manufacturer blanked out.

Problem:-
######## is now aware that a small number of these units were manufactured with the TEV Valve in a horizontal attitude. This may result in the vale operating in a partially closed manner. This will cause the evap and the TEV to become iced up.

Solution:-
The TEV needs to be orientated so the head is above the body, and the valve should be made as vertical as possible.

Any Comments

Regards

Fatboy

chemi-cool
13-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi Raymond,

I have raised the subject a while ago and with the help of Prof. Sporlan , the conclusions was the same.

But..... other opinions and experience will be most welcome.

Chemi :)

Brian_UK
13-03-2005, 11:31 PM
My first thought would be with oil/liquid accumulating around one (lower) of the guide pins and slowing/blocking the valve action; but what do I know ;)

Bulldog
15-03-2005, 04:49 PM
My first thought would be with oil/liquid accumulating around one (lower) of the guide pins and slowing/blocking the valve action; but what do I know ;)

Hi, I am very sorry to jump in this thread, but I sent you a PM about a project I want to under take. Could you read it and let me know what you think Brain.
Sorry again for hijacking the thread.

Cheers John :)

Peter_1
16-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Chemi, where is the tread between you and prof Sporlan?

chemi-cool
16-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Hi Peter,

There is not much there but here it is:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1129

Chemi :)

Brian_UK
16-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi, I am very sorry to jump in this thread, but I sent you a PM about a project I want to under take. Could you read it and let me know what you think Brain.
Sorry again for hijacking the thread.

Cheers John :)Been answered, be patient John, life is too short.