PDA

View Full Version : sandwich Prep table issues

hanny
16-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Hello, new guy here with some knowledge but learning as i go.
Heres my issue, have a 48" sandwich prep table (basically a refrigerator with 2 doors) with wierd issue.
About 4 months ago the compressor locked up. The machine is pretty old so instead a new one I scavenged a compressor off another unit (1/3 tecumseh switch from 22 to 134) didnt have much hope but funny thing it worked perfect for 3 months. Then it started to act up, i bought a new one along with a drier/filter and a new cap tube.
Just doesnt seem to cool down much at all, the cap tube as it enters the evap is frosty. The low side pressure "at" the compressor is around 10 and the hi side "after" the condesor is around 100.
I have increased and decreased charge but cant seem to get cooling. Think this new compressor is at fault? I'm at my wits end and need any thots. Thanks for your time, paul

digerious
16-04-2010, 08:13 AM
did you buy the same size comp? and how did you size the lenth and bore of the capillary?

hanny
17-04-2010, 04:39 AM
did you buy the same size comp? and how did you size the lenth and bore of the capillary?
same size comp, measured the inside diameter for the cap and used same length. I may have found an issue today. Took apart all the lines that were soldered and one seemed liek it might have been restricting? charged it up and dispite a leak it working ok. thxs