PDA

View Full Version : Offshore rates

SJS
15-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Can anyone help get a idea of how much a refrigeration/air conditioning engineer should get on average an hour working offshore in the uk?

chad
15-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I was offshore a while back and was getting about £13 an hour but remember this adds up as your on 12 hour shifts

Ali665
20-04-2010, 08:14 AM
£13 an hour!? Surely they must be making more money than that offshore due to working in adverse conditions and for danger pay and so on. I no of people working in lower skilled jobs offshore for 40K+ doin two weeks on two weeks off rotation, that soon adds up to more than £13 an hour.

jamesp
21-04-2010, 07:17 PM
£13 an hour seems very low to me also. I have been informed guys earn around the 50 k a year mark. I am currently looking to get into work offshore and i am finding it very hard. Anyone know of any companies to try or any advice? would be much appreciated.

julius Geezer
21-04-2010, 07:57 PM
£13 an hour seems very low to me also. I have been informed guys earn around the 50 k a year mark. I am currently looking to get into work offshore and i am finding it very hard. Anyone know of any companies to try or any advice? would be much appreciated.

Sadly it's one of those industries were you have to know someone if you want to get a foot in the door .......or be extremely lucky........do the "Norwegian Survival Course" at Fleetwood Nautical College and spend about £1800 with no gaurantee of a job at the end of it....!