PDA

View Full Version : Midea MDV Digital Scroll Sytems

Scottie
15-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Hi Guys,
It's been a while. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these systems or similar. Problem is we are getting 0 degrees suction temp back at the comp yet only 12 degrees on evaps. These systems have multiple evaps of varying capacities and our main problem is the 56kw condensing units breaking discharge pipes, compressors etc due to liquid return to comps. All evaps have Electronic TXV's (stepper type). We have installed these systems in many places around Australia and have never experienced this problem. I even had Midea on site and am waiting on there suggestions from the data they took. The valves do shut down and they are not overcharged. BTW the o/door units are on Level 4 (roof) also.
Look forward to some ideas, cheers :)

judasfan
05-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi Guys,
It's been a while. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these systems or similar. Problem is we are getting 0 degrees suction temp back at the comp yet only 12 degrees on evaps. These systems have multiple evaps of varying capacities and our main problem is the 56kw condensing units breaking discharge pipes, compressors etc due to liquid return to comps. All evaps have Electronic TXV's (stepper type). We have installed these systems in many places around Australia and have never experienced this problem. I even had Midea on site and am waiting on there suggestions from the data they took. The valves do shut down and they are not overcharged. BTW the o/door units are on Level 4 (roof) also.
Look forward to some ideas, cheers :)

I know that the thread is a little old, but could you tell the exact model of Outdoor Units? We had a case where the lines of the units were breaking because of the scroll compressor! You know that scrolls tend to "move" when they start and stop!