PDA

View Full Version : Thermo-King MD-II SD

acauth1
14-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Howdy, I have a customer who recently purchased a truck with a non-working TK MD-II SD unit. I do automotive a/c repair and am not well versed in reefer units.

Here is what happens when the unit is powered on at the controller on the dash: it flashes a set of nembers on the display as pictured below.

I assume this is a code of sorts and have no diagnostic or user material for this unit. Any will be greatly appreciated!

cadwaladr
15-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Howdy, I have a customer who recently purchased a truck with a non-working TK MD-II SD unit. I do automotive a/c repair and am not well versed in reefer units.

Here is what happens when the unit is powered on at the controller on the dash: it flashes a set of nembers on the display as pictured below.

I assume this is a code of sorts and have no diagnostic or user material for this unit. Any will be greatly appreciated!sounds like alarm codes make sure the battery is fully charged turn unit on ,then press the top center button a number will come up scroll thru listing numbers make a note of them,when this is done clear them by pressing middle center button until you get 00,then attempt to start on engine,if youy google tk codes,then the numbers will tell you what the alarm codes relate to,hope this helps.

acauth1
15-04-2010, 04:41 AM
sounds like alarm codes make sure the battery is fully charged turn unit on ,then press the top center button a number will come up scroll thru listing numbers make a note of them,when this is done clear them by pressing middle center button until you get 00,then attempt to start on engine,if youy google tk codes,then the numbers will tell you what the alarm codes relate to,hope this helps.

Thank you, I will try that in the morning. However, could you clarify:
How do I scroll through listing numbers? And, how do I start on engine?

Thank you again!

cadwaladr
15-04-2010, 06:12 AM
with the top center button, when it shows 00 press the middle center button = .

acauth1
15-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Ok, here is what I get this morning by pressing the top middle buttin and scrolling through codes/data:
I press the on button top left and the panel initially shows:
---------
69.3 F
---------
then scrolling with top middle button:
--------------------
alr
--------------------
--------------------
CYCL 5
Yes
--------------------
--------------------
69.3 F
--------------------
--------------------
75.4 F
col
--------------------
--------------------
tlh
--------------------
--------------------
Enh
--------------------
--------------------
elh
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
oil
--------------------
--------------------
78.1 F
ent
--------------------
--------------------
rpn
--------------------
--------------------
bat
--------------------
--------------------
BL1T
lo
--------------------
--------------------
dfi
--------------------
ddr
--------------------
Then it repeats.
When I attempt to press the center = button I do not get to "00" it just stays at
--------------------
69.3 F
--------------------
If I press the top middle it just shows the same
--------
69.3 F
--------
Does not make a difference if I press either button and hold them or press them multiple times.
Thanks again for all your help!
Robert

cadwaladr
16-04-2010, 01:20 AM
does the display flash,if so press top centerbutton ,63 shows press middle button this should clear 63 and show 00,then turn off and turn on again,what happens then?

cadwaladr
16-04-2010, 09:41 PM
any luck? with the problem,did the instruction,s help.

moggy66
18-04-2010, 03:17 AM
63 is the alarm code thats whenyou should press the = sign to clear it, other codes may come up make note and like cadwaladr says when you see 00 all codes clear should start up auto..

moggy66
18-04-2010, 03:19 AM
i'm trying to work out what -141 means?

moggy66
18-04-2010, 03:20 AM
should be setpoint but doesn't go that low

moggy66
21-04-2010, 12:37 AM
maybe its -14 and then the setpoint symbol,.....i think i am talking to myself.......

cadwaladr
22-04-2010, 12:23 AM
looks like it,annoys me too

DaButcher
22-04-2010, 01:10 AM
looks like it,annoys me too

:o :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

Annoying or not, he should appreciate the help

moggy66
23-04-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm sure he does, what i meant was i kept posting instead of all on one post.......:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

intelligence
29-04-2010, 10:50 PM
press the roundabout symbol buton, then you shoul see an alarm code with a triangle blink (like for example 63, or 66) then you press the ( = ) button and it clears the alarm. if everything is ok it will appears ( 00 ) then the unit will startup automaticaly

acauth1
06-05-2010, 04:54 PM
any luck? with the problem,did the instruction,s help.

Yes, it did work. Two glow plugs and an inhector later it runs like a champ.

On another note, the customer complians that it get too cold and would like the temperature setting raised. They also complain that it takes too long to start.

Is it possible to reset the temp and wait period with the controller?

Thank you again for your knowledge and help!

cadwaladr
06-05-2010, 07:47 PM
to change temp scroll with up/down buttons then lock it in by pressing the= button,if its tired the engine that is try going for start twice,switch it on wait 60 seconds and turn off and on again,i presume you have serviced the engine changed filters and oil

waqas Malik45
18-07-2010, 08:58 PM
what is ur job and were r u from:(

gravy258
19-07-2010, 09:42 AM
how long is the wait period?
they don't normally start instantly. They go thru a start up routine and pre heating dependant on ambient.
On some units there is a thermistor on the engine block.
A bolt with two wires coming out of it.
Connect the two wires together if it pre heats for excessive periods.
If the engine cranks too long before firing, try adjusting the valve clearances. They get tight causing the valve to be open, no compression.
This goes for all reefer units. Especially Yanmar Engine Thermo Kings.