PDA

View Full Version : compressor

ashuchak
14-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I want to know how to check compressor at the time of service, is it ok or not when service engr. visit the side
what are main parameter to be check in compressor before replace new one.
how can be identify compressor have problem or some other problem.
Pls help me.

Paul a/c
14-04-2010, 02:41 PM
hi to check a compresser, i would see if it was pumping by putting my lines on the high and low side ports. if it was not pumping.having got your lines on ,you would see if it was sort of gas. then i would check to see if i had power there when the contactor pulled in, after that i would make sure the pwer was turned off. then i would remvove the electral cover, and take the 3 cables off the 3 pins making note of where each cable went. get my test metre and test between each pin on the compresser and see what ohms i have. some compressr have the ohms all the same. that would be the first checks i would do help this helps

ref717
14-04-2010, 06:25 PM
pls. give more details of your compressor, for what system?,basically in troubleshooting compressors you must check both mechanical and electrical parameters.

salamander
17-04-2010, 07:50 AM
In an industrial situation, if there is deficient performance and you can't determine why; look at the hours on the machine and do a vibration analysis. If you already know the compressor is damaged in some way; you need to weigh the cost of down time. I have seen the better screws run with amazing amounts of damage, but when they stop, they stop.

Tesla
17-04-2010, 09:54 AM
One other thing to check electrically is how many megOhmes between earth - 1 meg is considered ok but 2 meg is considered wet, so any thing above 2 mOhmes is ok. As for vacume efficiency test, wach manufacturer and size has its own specs. Generally if it pulls 20 inches and holds 15 for a minute ( after a few pumpdowns) it's ok. But please try to find manufacturer data - carrier has a good guide in the O6D/e ahnd book available free for download.

Lowrider
17-04-2010, 11:41 AM
pulling vacuum on some compressors would damage em, so stating this as an way to determine the state of a compressor is, imho, risky.
For piston compressors it can be handy, but most screw compressors will bite u back when doing so.

bwd111
17-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Check the start winding for correct resistance from common to start. Check the run winding for correct resistance from common to start. Make sure that the start winding and run windings have different resistances. The start winding should have much more resistance than the run winding. Also check for continuity from run to common if open the winding t-stat may be open..

Tesla
18-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Cool thanks Lowrider, I did'nt know that. I have tested hundreds of recips but not screws.

james10
18-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Check the start winding for correct resistance from common to start. Check the run winding for correct resistance from common to start. Make sure that the start winding and run windings have different resistances. The start winding should have much more resistance than the run winding. Also check for continuity from run to common if open the winding t-stat may be open..
The start winding should have the least resistance
Lower resistance=Lower start current and less power consumption.