PDA

View Full Version : Help me for Laptop Refrigeration

superultra1111
12-04-2010, 05:43 PM
hello guys,
i was wondering to chill my lappy running @ 108 c to some non fumable temp so i thought to get my own lappy refrigerator (thought it was a new idea but its already in the market "EMBRACO REFRIGERATED LAPTOP COOLERS", plz google for more info).

anyway the biggest challange is to get a small condensor & a compressor with high efficiency with the Cu tubes & some coolant.

About me :- I am 4th sem CS student (no idea of TD & refrigeration ;) )& have put forwarded my prob to the professors

superultra1111
13-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Purpost of posting here is to find some samll size condensor & compressor that would fit in a laptop bag & the ones which ppl have tried & trusted.

Tesla
13-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Please search this forum - there have recienly been posts about computer cooling. As for a laptop - thats pretty hot and why is your current one running so hot? check super conductors on google which are designed for this purpose then use a secondry refrigerant system such as you will find on a search of this forum.

superultra1111
16-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Thank you for ur kind suggestion.
I play a lot of games like CoD MW2, Bad Company 2 etc thats why my lappy running too hot.

Although i bought a coolermaster cooler but that doesnt help much

Tesla
16-04-2010, 06:33 AM
I use a coolermaster cooler too. But my acer 8200 was running too hot, then I pulled it apart, removed the fan and cooling finn assmbly, removed finns and washed them under a tap - now it runs much cooler. It was clogged with cat fur on the inside of finns where I couldn't see untill pulling it apart.
I attended the ARBS exibition earlier tihs week in Sydney and was thinking of your laptop when the first stand I came to had the smallest tubless condenser. I told the guy about this forum and your laptop and he gave me the condenser. It would fit a 120mm computer fan straight on and rejects 100Watts. Made by LU-VE www.luve.it (http://www.luve.it) . Now you just need to find a tiny compressor and build an evap to suit.

jim01
16-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I have face this problem before, you can go www[dot]cruptime[dot]com I think its help you to out your problem.