PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Prices/Discounts

Makeit go Right
11-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Heads up: It might be worth checking up with Daikin if you still have your earlier agreed discounts in place.

I got a fright the other day after receiving the go-ahead from a customer...I called up to order the 4systems and found we no longer had any trade disc...Nothing....just list prices for us!

No prior word about the change, of course, just left us to find out.:confused:

So, it was a big flap trying to sort that out. A rush job, agreed price, and a Daikin ambush on prices. We eventually recovered the disc on splits but the VRV kit remains at LIST PRICES! Something about price rises.....didn't make any sense, very vague.

(If there is a price rise why not raise the kit prices, simple! Not fiddle with the discounts for some. I suspect that the D1 boys will retain their existing discounts while the smaller companies suffer the price rises, and they'll wind up with an even more unfair competitive edge than they have already.)

So, if you have some live quotes on the go that involve Daikin kit, it might be worth a phone call, enquiring if there is anything changed with your discounts for splits or VRV kit.

I must say, Mitsi start to look a whole lot more interesting to me now and I can see I'll have to make that uncomfortable change from the too-familiar model numbers.

multisync
11-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Why did you not phone Spaceair?

Makeit go Right
11-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Ah, yes. I'll give them a call on Monday.

eggs
11-04-2010, 05:25 PM

That's what I did and I haven't looked back.
Not long ago I won a contract with a verbally agreed price with Daikin kit. By the time the contract was due to start, my rep had left and they would not honour the agreed price (even though it was at a discount rate that had been applied for the previous year)

Result Daikin 0, Space Air ££££££££/year........oh and I discovered Toshiba who still get the lions share.

Eggs

Clk320_Greg
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Climate Center now also sell Daikin. Although not the VRV gear.

The last set up i got i tried climate, and to my supprise/horror they were cheaper then daikin themselves!

frank
12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
We got our new discount structure and price list through today...

Not much difference in the splits and Altherma...but a drastic reduction in VRV discount. Seems like Daikin UK won't be getting any more VRV orders for a while. :eek: