PDA

View Full Version : Average Tempature inside a AC unit.

steveperry
09-04-2010, 07:14 PM
We had a AC over heat in out server room and we plan monitoring it with our current monitoring system, the temperature sensor can handle max temperatures of 122 Degrees Ferheheight.

What we want to focus on is the Compressor as that is what over heated in our last unit.

I would give you a link to the unit but i'm not allowed since I havn't made 15 posts yet, it is a Toyomi, M/N TAD-T32G, S/N-07040185.

Is it going to be possible to get the sensor in the unit, and possibly attached to the compressor?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Steve.

sedgy
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
hi steve , it sounds like you have a problem with the gas, in the system , there should be enough gas to help cool the compressor, that is if the condence fan motor is running.
the other scenario, is that if the unit is on heating ?< is it a heat pump?< is that the indoor fan is working ?

Peter_1
11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Monitoring the compressor isn't such a good idea. There could be other parameters going out of range which you will not measure on your compressor.
Better install a second safety thermostat in the room.
122°F is 50°C, so far too low to measure something but suction gases temperatures on the compressor. Suction gases doesn't tell you anything

steveperry
12-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't really know a lot about it, my boss approached me to look up temperature sensors for out current Environment Manger, tha twe use to monitor out server room.

We have 2 large A/Cs in the server room. one died, the A/C guy who came in said that there was dust in the compressor and cause it to over heat.

Now my boss wants to monitor the A/Cs so we can always see the temperaters inside the unit.

sedgy
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
HI STEVEPURRY, dust in the compressor?never heard of that before , refrireration works by taking heat out of one space and transfering it outside, if your condencing units are getting too hot it sounds like the heat isnot being disipated < got rid of< dose the condencer fans blow the air outside? , or is it duckted outside? or dose it just get blown into the room that the units are standing?

steveperry
12-04-2010, 03:02 PM
The air seems to come from ducts in the ceilign then blows cold air to cool the server room.

Iceman1990
12-04-2010, 04:51 PM
He probably meant dust in the condenser

sedgy
12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
yes iceman, your right there,
steveperry, so you say the air is duckted into the server room, thats where the condencing units are then, so how and where dose the hot air get away from the server room ?

tradybrad
13-04-2010, 12:14 PM
perhaps the systems are using condenser water from cooling towers not air cooled condensers

sedgy
13-04-2010, 12:29 PM
hi tradybrad, I keep trying to pry information out of him but dont want to overburden him with all the tecnical terms, have a word with himsee if you can get to the bottom of it .