PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Pump for Rosvik Cassette

Krups
08-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey all,

Iv been asked to fit a pump on a rosvik cassette for a friend, as iv not really done much with pumps on ac units,
could someone be as kind as to point me in the right direction ?
my ideas were going in with a mini orange pump. :confused:
Recommended or not ?
Id imagine they are fairly straightforward to install ?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Mark
08-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi Krups

Can you fit a little giant or something with a tank incorporated into the pump.And fix it to the side of the cassettte. Look the drain outlet of the cassete into the lift pump.

Mark
08-03-2005, 07:10 PM
or were you refering to the cassete internal lift pump.

chemi-cool
08-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi Mark, Krups,
I think he is talking about internal pump as these little pumps work with the compressor on the cooling mode and runs for another 4 minuts after the compressor had stopped.

Any pump that will fit in, will do the job.
The best, take out the old one and find any pump the same size.

Chemi :)

Krups
08-03-2005, 07:23 PM
nah i meant drain pump, more specifically, if i use the orange pump will i need to adapt the drain off from the evap to the pump itself to make it fit ?
and whats the best way to incorporate a cut off into the evap incase there is a blockage or something, just wire in as per installation manual ?

chemi-cool
08-03-2005, 07:28 PM
nah i meant drain pump

That is the purpose of the internal pump in the cassette.

If you install a pump outside the cassette, it shoud be ok, but an internal pump will save the problem of blockage in the pipe to the outside pump.

Chemi :)

Mark
08-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Is the old pump seized or no suction is the inlet/ outlet clean is there a blockage in the drain line.I would be 100% sure the pump is at fault ,ive attended many calls to find matted evap coil,filthy drip tray ,blocked pump inlet.Remove the pump from its fixings on to the AHU check inlet ,pump running etc place pump pick up carefully in a glass /container of water to check suction and go from there .Give it a try
good luck
Mark :)

Mark
08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I thought mini orange pump was designed for wall mounted A/C.The operating principle is a gravity feed by a pumped discharge.Or do they make one for a cassette as well?

Krups
08-03-2005, 07:46 PM
ok heres the scene, basically an old unit has been moved in a shop during a refurb, everything else has been reconnected, except a drain, the evap is sitting on a fixed suspended ceiling that comes off the main ceiling, when i had a quick look at the shop, it had a pvc drain fitted to the evap but not all the way outside only say half a meter of it was showing in the gap between the 2 ceilings, now my idea to change this and not reconnect a pvc drain running down all the way outside is because to do this i would need to make holes in their ceiling.
so i thought instead of doing this i would just install a drain pump that will pump the water along the same lines as the pipework...

hope this makes sense ? heh

Mark
08-03-2005, 07:55 PM
If the internal pumps not the problem,Cut the pvc pipe back terminate it into a suitable lift pump.Run the Drain line in reinforced polypipe to outside or nearer suitable drainage point. fit a switched fused spur near/above the pump( suitably fused for application) .
HRP NRS etc sell a number of pumps suitable for this.I would go for a lift a pump with a tank.

frank
08-03-2005, 08:44 PM
I would go for a lift a pump with a tank.

Hi Mark

krupps will have to select a pump that matches the amount of "head" the installation will have. Some of the tank pumps have limited head or distance to drain and some have greater capacity. 2 that spring to mind are the Aspen High Flow and the Aspen High Lift.

By the way krupps, both of these pumps have a built in safety float switch that can be wired in series with the cassette control wire to prevent spillage in the event of a pump failure :)

Chemi

Did you have a good trip home? :)

Mark
08-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Cut the pvc pipe back terminate it into a suitable lift pump

By "selecting" a pump may not be the same as using a suitable one :rolleyes: :D

Krups
08-03-2005, 09:38 PM
ok this makes more sense now, i think il go for the high flow, that should do the trick.
thanks for the advice guys il let you know how i got on. :D