PDA

View Full Version : Any one heard anything about the Aura-gens?

ZoO
09-04-2010, 03:19 AM
It's a engine driven 230 signal or three phase Generator that is supposed to give a clean/pure power out put at and RPM range. I'm starting to see them on cold plate trucks. (as a green alternative to diesel self contained) Does anyone else know any thing about them?

kelvin278
09-04-2010, 09:32 PM
sounds like they are "developing" Frigoblock ideas.
Frigoblock have up to 24kva generator belt driven from truck engine.

kelvin278
09-04-2010, 09:43 PM
The Oasis all electric refrigeration system is a paradigm shift in transport refrigeration. The all electric system eliminates the traditional small diesel engine that is used to run the refrigeration compressor and therefore provides significant reduction in fuel consumption and significant reduction in harmful emissions of NOx and PM. Unlike traditional diesel based solutions, the Oasis system requires virtually no scheduled maintenance.

Zannotti in the uk is shall i say not a popular choice with engineers or customers. The diesel versions are mobile oil baths the direct drive units can't compete. Parts are an arm and a leg wiring information is in Italian.

I like the all electric but when you mention Zannotti my mood changes.

ZoO
10-04-2010, 06:52 AM
So are the Aura-gens and the Oasis systems the same unit? Where are the Oasis unit manufactured?

ZoO
10-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Are the Oasis systems only paired with Zanotti systems in the UK? Currently I'm servicing 5 non Zanotti cold plate units here.

Blender
20-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Aura systems is a company in El Segundo, California, USA. It seems they re-invented the belt driven generator and then bought out a small refrigeration service company in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. They have had trouble with their investors at least once which resulted in a new name and re-listing on the Stock Exchange. I have looked at the "electric units" and as far as I am concerned, that is exactly what they are. They are not, in my opinion, transport units. Running a unit with a belt driven generator is not new and not "free energy" as their web site implies. You can find out more about them at aurasystems.com and globalcoolingreefer.com. I leave it up to you to decide if it is new, or????