PDA

View Full Version : Help with selection of evaporator

luissandoval
07-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Dear Guys:

I'm going to install two evaporators (attach specifications of the evaporators) in a process room of 24.5m x 11.5 m x 4.2m (L x W x H) in this procces room will work about 70 people and i'm not sure about the distribution of the evaporators could you help me?
i'm attaching a diagram with two options what is the better ?

Luis.

mad fridgie
07-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Dear Guys:

I'm going to install two evaporators (attach specifications of the evaporators) in a process room of 24.5m x 11.5 m x 4.2m (L x W x H) in this procces room will work about 70 people and i'm not sure about the distribution of the evaporators could you help me?
i'm attaching a diagram with two options what is the better ?

Luis.
Either would work Ok, but air velocity is quite high, so you need to be careful. In option one, you will get very little air rebounding off the end wall, but in option 2 you will.
I would not normally use these types of evaps in a process room, unless connects to ducting or air sock

dirk
07-04-2010, 03:33 AM
I would advise that you select evaporators with less air throw maybe dual discharge and install them along the width of the room.
the blowers you have selected have to high velocity the further the throw the higher the velocity, in my experience even if the air is directed above the people working you will still have turbulance resulting in drafts and uncomfortable working conditions.

multisync
07-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Go for a wind sock system. much better for personal comfort.

EuroairUK
19-05-2010, 04:54 PM
You can use an air sock even if you have only 50Pa to inflate it, the workers will thank you!

sneep
19-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Based on what you have. I'd put them on the far ends blowing towards each other.

lawrence1
19-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I would use option 2 with wind socks.

lana
20-05-2010, 03:34 AM
Hi,

In my experience, it would be better to use 4 smaller evaporators instead of two and I would install them on the length (24m) of the room for better air distribution.
As others mentioned this, if people are in the room and comfort must be observed then it would be better to use a duct system which will give you low noise and better distribution.
cheers