PDA

View Full Version : Experience with a specific screw compressor

TXiceman
08-03-2005, 03:09 AM
I am located in the central USA and we manufacturer commercial and industrial chiller and condensing units with screws and recip compressor. Nearly all of them are semihermetic.

For screws we have been using Copeland/Bitzer with very few problems. Our alternate supplier has been Refcomp and now we are unsure of their dedication and stability to the US market. Recently Hanbell (Taiwan) has moved into the US market and it seems to be a well designed compressor. We are planning to prototype and test a couple of systems with the Hanbell compressor.

Would appreciate any feed back and experiences on the Hanbell compressor.

Thanks,
Ken

energy
25-03-2005, 01:51 AM
We are a distributor of Hanbell Screw Compressor in the Philippines, mostly in the retrofit market, so far this compressor is quite reliable, the design of the unit is basically simmilar to Hitachi, out of 60 units sold only 4 have had problem and most are more than 5 years old.

Hope this help.

energy
25-03-2005, 01:55 AM
By the way we are also looking for equipment supplier in the US, we might have future business, Can I get your company name. The US Distributor for Hanbell screw compressor is MCS Control (www.mcscontrols.com) base in Florida,

TXiceman
27-03-2005, 02:13 AM
We are very familiar with MSC and have worked with them on controls and looking at using a Hanbell in a prototype/test bed unit to see what we can throw at it.

Ken

Lc_shi
31-03-2005, 10:05 AM
i've used Copeland scrolls for our evaporative condensing chiller.i don't know Copeland screws. where is the copeland screws plant? what is your product brand and your website?

rgds :)

TXiceman
31-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Copeland brand names the Bitzer screw. Site is at www.rae-corp.com

Ken

Lc_shi
01-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Ken,
thanks. i'll study it first.

lichuan :)

Tony Dizon
22-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Can you please give me your contact details as we are one of the users of hanbell screw chillers in philippines.You can email me at tonyd995@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Tony Dizon

TXiceman
23-11-2006, 02:54 AM
I no longer wowrk for the company involved with the Hanbell. I have gone back to the industrial refrigeration side of the business in Houston, Texas.

Ken

Josip
23-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I no longer wowrk for the company involved with the Hanbell. I have gone back to the industrial refrigeration side of the business in Houston, Texas.

Ken

Hi, Ken :)

Very good decision;)

Best regards, Josip :)

Superheat6k
04-01-2007, 03:05 PM
We distribute Hanbell in the UK and can recommend them.

We have supplied over 90 in the past year, mostly to replace recips, and only one failed, due to a commissioning issue concerning contactors.

Some of the earlier models (larger sizes V5 / V6) were susceptible to slide valve problems if the loading sequence was too fast, but the valve assembly has been re-designed and this seems to have eliminated the problem.

These are also used by many chiller makers as original fit machines.

DeB
05-01-2007, 05:06 AM
I can't help with Hanbell but Have you looked at Frascold screws?

flobo
12-02-2007, 02:27 PM
I am located in the central USA and we manufacturer commercial and industrial chiller and condensing units with screws and recip compressor. Nearly all of them are semihermetic.

For screws we have been using Copeland/Bitzer with very few problems. Our alternate supplier has been Refcomp and now we are unsure of their dedication and stability to the US market. Recently Hanbell (Taiwan) has moved into the US market and it seems to be a well designed compressor. We are planning to prototype and test a couple of systems with the Hanbell compressor.

Would appreciate any feed back and experiences on the Hanbell compressor.

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken,
and Hello to everyone,
I am a new member to this forum and would like to share some of my views on Hanbel screw compressors. Generally they are very good and reliable, we have 12 of them in total (by the way I am from Abu Dhabi in the U.A.E.) all of them on
mobile flat beds. One problem we have been hit with is the Oil level float safety switch, they have got pin holes around the periphery and at the top near the centre tube. The float no longer floats....Has anyone else using these compressors faced such similar and if so what is the fix. WHERE CAN WE GET RELIABLE REPLACEMENT FLOAT SWITCHES..??

exyork
13-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I am very familiar with this problem. The float would break because of sudden inrush of oil banging it on the upper wall.Once the float breaks it no longer floats!
There is a new design available . also a partition has been introduced to stop sudden oil inrush .
Please et me know if you need 12 replacements.

Larry W
21-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Hi I am new to RE. Trying to get some feedback on Hanbell RC-11 screw compressors. I have two Trane 100 ton recips I want to replace. :)
Would like to know maintenance cycles, repairs, reliability.

Thanks, Larry

Superheat6k
25-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi

As UK Distributor for Hanbell we have supplied a large qty of both RC10 & RC11 models to replace recip Copelands around 85 to 100 ton (American). These were fitted to American Mammoth DX chillers.

We have some 110 or so of these models now in service and find the upgrade quite straightforward.

Our market in the UK is primarily retrofit, and we have found very few problems at all with Hanbell. We have replaced McQuay; Daikin; Copeland; York; Trane; Maneurop; Carrier; Bitzer; Refcomp; Dunham Bush (Hartford).

The Screw also provides the option of Variable stepless load control instead of step. This would require an external electronic controller, but some excellent models are available.

I would suggest you contact Brian Walterick at MCS in Fort Myers Florida, who promote their own excellent retrofit chiller controller, and are currently the US Distributor for Hanbell.

If you do please mention us.

Trevor
ThermaCom UK

hamidn1
09-05-2008, 10:19 AM
hi
what is distance coper pipe line between screw compresor and air condenser

jrlee
07-04-2009, 07:00 AM
We are a distributor of Hanbell Screw Compressor in the Philippines, mostly in the retrofit market, so far this compressor is quite reliable, the design of the unit is basically simmilar to Hitachi, out of 60 units sold only 4 have had problem and most are more than 5 years old.

Hope this help.
We are Korean company looking for expert or distributor who will execute services for Hanbell compressor in Phillipine including overhaul, test, and commissioning. Please let me have your contact number in Philippine so that we can reach to you. Thank you for your response to the e-mail : jrlee@seoulahu.co.kr.