PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Einstein Controllers

CECL
06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
hello all,

i am trying to get information as to the general nature of Emerson's Einstein Controller.
Is it suitable to only the Intelligent Store Discus or can it be used any compressor no matter the brand.

Has anyone seen it in operation doing remote diagnostics. Is it easily understood.

What are some of the disadvantages of using it or advantages.

please help.

jpsmith1cm
06-04-2010, 02:13 AM
The Emerson controller is a bit strange, but with experience, you can learn it.

It will control anything you compressor you choose. It can do variable speed or stepped cycling, or the ISD control from emerson.

My problem with the Emerson system, is that the alarms are stupid. They put so much information there that it is sometimes difficult for untrained operators to sort out what they need to read from what they need to ignore.

As far as remote diagnostics the unit is as good as the setup that you have. More sensors, more transducers, more information, better diagnostics. The programs available to interface with the controller are Ultrasite (gotta buy it) and InSite (Free) The features are about what you would expect for what you pay for...

CECL
14-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the help JPSMITH1CM.
Just to be clear - you're saying that the Einstein Controllers can control all compressors no matter the brand - Carlyle/Carrier, York, Trane. But how does it work for the Copeland Compressors themselves - since there are the Copelametic Series (K,E,L,3A/R,M,N,9R,4R,6R,8R) then there is the tandem. is it suitable for those as well.
Please explain what you mean by variable speed and the stepped cycling, cause I know depending on your location and mine what I call one thing you may call it another and essentially it means the same thing.
And let's assume that you have competent operators on the E2 Controllers and you have a large supermarket chain and would you really see a reduction in your maintenance costs?

Silhouette
14-04-2010, 10:03 PM
The largest supermarket chain in the UK, TESCO, use the E2 panel in conjunction with Danfoss pack and cabinet controls.
The E2 is pretty reliable and highly functional but is quite convoluted to get around.