PDA

View Full Version : what should be effect

mianrizwan
05-04-2010, 03:54 PM
1. what should be the effect on the cooling when we adjust thermostatic expansion valve on different sitting. for lowest cooling what i will do

2nd if i use two txv for lowest cooling what should be effect

Brian_UK
05-04-2010, 06:28 PM
1. Do not adjust expansion valve, once set it is doing it's job.

2. Do not understand what you mean.

Tesla
06-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Study/plot pressure enthalpy charts for the refrigerant and ensure components are within specs. Compare out put kW with input kW. Trim refrigerant charge. 2, more complicated

monkey spanners
06-04-2010, 04:33 PM
1. what should be the effect on the cooling when we adjust thermostatic expansion valve on different sitting. for lowest cooling what i will do

2nd if i use two txv for lowest cooling what should be effect

1. Like Brian said txvs shouldn't need to be adjusted once the system has been set up, and very rarely need any adjustment at all.

Adjustments should not be made to due to other system problems such as low load or wrong selection of txv or orifice (or even refrigerant as i have seen)

2. If the system you are working on has a very wide load range then yes two txvs with a solenoid to stop the feed to one in low load conditions is a good way to ensure no liquid refrigerant reaches the compressor in low load conditions. Is this what you were asking about?

Jon

ref717
06-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Brian is correct, once TXV's are installed for the system it should not be adjusted unless needed for a certain application. When you adjust the TXV you also adjust the Superheat=Temp. actual minus Temp. sat. at the outlet of the evaporator. For lowest cooling you decrease the SH by adjusting the TXV counterclockwise, but remember that one complete 360deg. turn changes the SH by approximately 3-4 deg.F.