PDA

View Full Version : Need help with College Project

ijonnybee
03-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm a laid off auto-worker seeking a new career in HVAC. I have a college project that I need help with. The requirements are: Using a 3 pound coffee can filled with 4 pounds of water at 70 degrees, make water turn to ice in the center of the of the surface of water. The layer of ice must be thick enough to support a stack of 4 quarters in less than 15 mins. We have to make the evaporator, and the evaporator must have a least a 2" inside dia. We have a matched compressor/ condenser, model # AKA9446EXAXC. I sure would appreciate any help from the professionals in this field.

Thanks for reading this post

taz24
07-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm a laid off auto-worker seeking a new career in HVAC. I have a college project that I need help with. The requirements are: Using a 3 pound coffee can filled with 4 pounds of water at 70 degrees, make water turn to ice in the center of the of the surface of water. The layer of ice must be thick enough to support a stack of 4 quarters in less than 15 mins. We have to make the evaporator, and the evaporator must have a least a 2" inside dia. We have a matched compressor/ condenser, model # AKA9446EXAXC. I sure would appreciate any help from the professionals in this field.

Thanks for reading this post

Hello.

A few points to clarify??

You say you must hav a 2" evap diamiter?? I'm not sure I understand that.

Also you say you have a unit and condenser.

You need to size the evap first before you can size the comp and cond.

Cheers taz.

ijonnybee
08-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I have it figure out. My project is due tomorrow

Thanks again!