PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc ice machine

Andy AC
03-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Hello chaps, do any of you guys know what compressor should go in a manitowoc QRO 130A icemaker?
The compressor in it is a tecumseh, but I cannot read the label on top because of no clearance above the top - only about 20mm:mad: I did get a number but it appears to be the wrong one :( AE 590JT - 900- A4D.
I've tried a couple of manitowoc ditributors, but all they can tell me is that it is either a danfoss or tecumseh, and thats it. The manitowoc technical manual isn't any help either - again just danfoss or tecumseh.
So if any body know what model goes in, please let me know.

Andy

FEISTY
04-04-2010, 04:00 AM
The best way is by serial number of machine itself. Manufacturers change product choices in mid production run based on who gave best skid price if parts at that time. Also there are constant enginerring changes made during same model/year run. Seems engineers don't live by " if it ain't broke...don't fix it " rule. Look at filter dryer and, if Danfoss, you have good chance that's what was used that day. Factory tech support will be of BIG help in most cases. US phone # is 1-800-545-5720. Try email but will take longer. Address is www.manitowocice.com (http://www.manitowocice.com) Good luck. Have a good one !!

Tymmegreereiz
22-04-2010, 05:28 PM
well people are from outside the US or other state might need to use the M60, Q47, Q48, Q72 and Q33 to get around the city, so how can there not be a vending machineTo bad the SI mall doest have one or parts of SI -_-b

Zpoint
23-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Re: Identification of compressor in Manitowoc ice maker.

The "AE590AT" is the Compressor B/M for the compressor in a Tecumseh commercial temp. water cooled condensing unit with a 1/4 hp-115volt R404A compressor.

The actual compressor model number would be AEA9422ZXA.

98% sure thats your compressor, however in the literature they say they are using a 1/3 hp compressor. But a 1/3 hp comp. would not have that B/M on it.

I guess you will find out when you remove it.

Andy AC
23-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Cheers Zpoint, thanks for the info.

Andy