PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint FFA75

Silu
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Hotpoint FFA75 – We Bought this fridge freezer back in 2006 and up until about 3 weeks ago it’s been working fine. So about 3 weeks ago we noticed the usual working noises started getting louder. Then the freezer warm light came on. We called out an engineer (luckily still under warranty). Unfortunately, he was a Trainee and replaced the top control panel??? And made arrangements for the unit to be re-gassed – so still not working. The second engineer arrived and re-gassed but this didn’t fix the problem. He then called up another engineer to replace the compressor. Finally after two and a half weeks, the bit arrived and the engineer came and installed it and re-gassed once again. All working fine! That is for two days then the fridge half went to -4C and the freezer to 14C. We have tried resetting the controls for both but to no avail. Today the FF made some loud noise so we have disconnected it! Has anyone come across this issue before and if so, did they overcome it?

tonto33
02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
as it got 5 years warranty get back in touch wiv hotpoint and state the you where not happy with the service you got from them regarding engineers not knowing what they doing and that you still have the same fault

Silu
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
We have an engineer booked for Monday. Not sure what else they can change? After that i intend to write to them. Its been a nightmare!

tonto33
02-04-2010, 09:28 PM
bank holiday monday lucky you can get one for that day as most my mates who work for hotpoint refused to work that day

tb637
03-04-2010, 01:44 AM
sometimes it's hard to say what the problem is without seeing the fridge, but i think it might be to do with the solenoid divert valve not changing the flow of gas from the fridge to freezer. possible sensor, divert valve itself, the p.c.b. or not having correct amount of gas

Silu
04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. He will be coming tomorrow (hopefully) so i will let you know if he fixes it.

Silu
09-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Well the engineer came but unfortunately he wasn't a competant fridge freezer engineer! The result was no fix! having undergone 4 visits and been without a FF for nearly 4 weeks and facing another week delay until a more competant engineer could visit, enough was enough, I conceded to the might of Hotpoint/Indesit and decided to call it a day! I cancelled the next appointment and went out and bought a Liebherr FF from Curry's! It was delivered the same day (well 21:30) and it works. Well done Curry's!

I am still extremely disappointed with Hotpoint/Indesit. I will never purchase another Hotpoint/Indesit item again. I will also never take out an extended warranty again either as that was a completed waste of time and didnt serve any real purpose save to extend the period of downtime! Still glad to be rid of the whole thing!