PDA

View Full Version : Air Cooled Chiller & AHU

weeliang82
02-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Pls help me regarding this issue..

Will there be any problem if the piping between the air cooled chiller and AHU is very near? The system is a 1 to 1 system...

Thank you...

Tesla
02-04-2010, 08:10 AM
This will depend on chiller loading charicteristics (staging) and the control of the load of AHU. Whether it is DX or chilled water. There could be shot cycling at loads lower than 50%. Let us help you more by providing some more details of the particular system.

nike123
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Do you have chiller with water tank inside chiller body?

ref717
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Why not use a Packaged-type aircon unit if its only a 1-1 system?,what is the capacity of your AHU and Chiller?,I presume you have a chilled water system..

kafco
03-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I think u choose DX system for 100% air intake,for the minimum distance between AHU & Chiller or ACCU please see unit catalogue.

weeliang82
16-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Dear all,

The capacity of the system is 82 RT.

The distance between the air cooled scroll chiller and the AHU is 61m.

Will it be any problem if the piping between the two is too near? For example, pressure increase due to the circulation inside the system too short...

frank
16-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Dear all,

The capacity of the system is 82 RT.

The distance between the air cooled scroll chiller and the AHU is 61m.

Will it be any problem if the piping between the two is too near? For example, pressure increase due to the circulation inside the system too short...
Providing your flow rates are within the chiller specification, the pump is sized correctly to handle the pipework pressure drop and the pipework is correctly insulated to prevent excessive heat gain into your chilled water circuit - you should not have any problems.

The only drawback is excessive energy use to chill a large water circuit.