PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu Compressors Suggestions?

G-Tech
01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey All

I am pretty new to this

I am a new truck refrigeration technician and have been trying to find good fordable compressors for Isuzu Trucks manufactured between 1994 - 2004

I got quotations from china for the Zexel DKP 12 & 19 compressors however they seem very expensive!

I was also offered the Zexel DKS Series for a much cheaper price but I can get those locally at a similar price they offer them to me from china.

Could you offer some suggestions for refrigeration compressors which are direct replacement for the Zexel DKP 12 & 19 Series (which offer quality and a distant price)?

I was told that the Senden 508 is suitable but heard negative comments on it.

I was also told that the Zexel DKP 12 & 19 Series are not manufactured in China - is it true ?

Would appreciate some suggestions

Thanks All

G-Tech

vehikool
08-04-2010, 04:16 PM
hi I can supply you with new a Seltec TM15 or TM16 compressor polly groove or A groove belt drive for £200 plus VAT and postage if its any use to you. these compressors are good on 134a and 404a gas, Hubbard, T.K. & Carrier use them

ZoO
09-04-2010, 03:08 AM
I am going through the same issue and have found capacity wise the TM-15 is the equivalent to the DKS-15. But the main issue is the manifold. If you have any experience in these types of compressors you can unbolt the 6, 12 mm head bolts (Located behind the clutch assembly) remove the OEM manifold off of the back of the old compressor, clean it and place it on the new compressor. Remember to use the new O-ring found on the new manifold end plate.

The only other issue may be compressor ear spacing, (On some models) so check it before you go through all of the trouble

ZoO
09-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Ebay is also a good place to get sel-tec style compressors from time to time.