PDA

View Full Version : Fleet News

Latte
03-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi Guys,

A couple of things that you may come accross in the future:-

1) ATS Euromaster are trying nitrogen filled tyres at 25 of its UK outlets. The big selling point is that nitrogeon does not leak through tyres as oxygen does so in theory baring punctures nitroen filled tyres hold pressure infefinatly. So far trials have been confined to retail customers, but ATS is keen to try the idea out with majow leasing companies.

2) The Vauxhall Movano van range fitted with the 2.5 CDTi common rail diesel engine is now available to order with the new six speed clutchless Tecshift transmission which offers both manual and auto modes. Tecshift which adds £1000 to the basic price is claimed to offer 8% reduced fuel consumption over a standard manual.

Regards

Fatboy

rbartlett
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
more times than I can remember (years ago of course coz it's naughty these days) I used to squirt some liq R22 in. this would get me off the motorway and usually home.. ;-)

Ahhh glory days....

cheers

richard

Peter_1
04-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Very funny you say this because we did today exactly the same.
It's more safe for me to do it this way then trying to change the whole wheel along a very busy highway while snowing.

Peter_1
04-03-2005, 09:40 AM
ATS Euromaster are trying nitrogen filled tires at 25 of its UK outlets.

Who is Euromaster?
While searching on the net some time ago for a nitrogen generator, I found a Chinese company who's making already for years a tire inflating unit which generates the nitrogen it selves by removing the oxygen and other gasses out of normal air.
It's done via membrane technology, some sort of filter which only passes pure nitrogen.

Latte
04-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Who is Euromaster?

WWW.ats-euromaster.co.uk
www.euromaster.com

ATS are the largest tyre and exhaust company in the UK

chillin out
04-03-2005, 07:32 PM
It's more safe for me to do it this way then trying to change the whole wheel along a very busy highway while snowing.

Better watch out for when the hot weather comes or you will have use a ladder to climb into your van :) :)