PDA

View Full Version : difference between a normal air conditioner and ice cream maker refrigeration

serenityjun
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi all. This is my new post here. I would like to ask what is the difference in terms of components used in the normal air conditioner in room and an ice cream maker? Why can't a normal split unit be used to cool to subzero degrees? Is it the difference of the refrigerant used? Or the working method is totally different?

NoNickName
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Lol lol lol lol

Brian_UK
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
You've answered your own question.

monkey spanners
01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi Serenityjun,

They are two completely different machines, designed to cool different things, one air and the other a liquid.
Though many of the components in each system will have the same name, compressor, condenser, evaporator etc their design and operation will be different in each case.

Its a bit like why you shouldn't wash your clothers in a dish washer...

Jon

chemi-cool
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Air condition is for the skin...
Ice cream is for the soul....

serenityjun
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi Serenityjun,

They are two completely different machines, designed to cool different things, one air and the other a liquid.
Though many of the components in each system will have the same name, compressor, condenser, evaporator etc their design and operation will be different in each case.

Jon

i have read somewhere that freezer have a heater element. Is it possible to modify an existing split unit air conditioner so that it works as an ice cream maker? if it is not possible to do it in practical, at least tell me in theory. Many thanks.

Toosh
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
i have read somewhere that freezer have a heater element. Is it possible to modify an existing split unit air conditioner so that it works as an ice cream maker? if it is not possible to do it in practical, at least tell me in theory. Many thanks.

Hi Airconditioning is for comfort cooling FULL STOP its cheaper to buy ice cream, if you continue these thoughts it will fry your brain :rolleyes:

Quality
01-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Jon

I like it ;)

mad fridgie
02-04-2010, 04:30 AM
I am always one try try something new!, I poured Ice cream mix into my air conditioner, "amazingly" my wife went up the wall, as the ice cream mix came down the wall.
Technical reason for not working,
"Tension"

cool runings
02-04-2010, 12:22 PM

Hi Serenityjun.

The 2 system are similar in the same way a car is similar to a lorry.

The components in the two machines do similar things but they are not easily converted one to another.

The same way a car and a lorry do similar things but the parts are not easily convertable one to another.

coolrunnings