PDA

View Full Version : LG Side by Side Fridge Freezer not cooling or freezing

nickphill
31-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I have purchased an LG side by side fridge freezer no exact details but almost identical if not the same as the LG GWL207FBQA. For some unknown reason it has stopped freezing and cooling, yet all the controls work as if everything is OK. We called out an Engineer costing £180.00 who said it may be a leak and topped it up with gas. This seemed to do the trick until the next day then stopped freezing again. He said that if this did not work then it will have to be scrapped as it would be impossible to identify where the leak was coming from? we have only had the item just over 2 years and it is in perfect condition apart from it not working that is:mad: is there anyway this can be fixed as I do not have any money to splash out on a new one.
Please help, cheers
Nick

nike123
31-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Part of pipes which hold gas in them are buried in fridge insulation. If leak is there, it cannot be fixed. If not, it could be found, but you need to consider economy of such repair.

tonto33
31-03-2010, 04:17 PM
£180 for engineer:eek: im putting my prices up:p where bouts u located? i wanna work round there:D bet he didnt check the thermal fuse in the freezer compartmant as i've had loads of these fail and whole fridge dies repalce it and hey presto fridge freezer working no need for regas

nike123
31-03-2010, 04:44 PM
£180 for engineer:eek: im putting my prices up:p where bouts u located? i wanna work round there:D bet he didnt check the thermal fuse in the freezer compartmant as i've had loads of these fail and whole fridge dies repalce it and hey presto fridge freezer working no need for regas

Tonto, are you reading these posts or big bucks just blurred your vision? ;)

It doesn't worked, he regased, it worked again, and now it doesn't work again. What that got to do with thermal fuse except high hourly rate?:D:D

tonto33
31-03-2010, 05:02 PM
nike 123 had the same fault on many lg f/f engineers been out to them jumped straight in to regas which made them work for day or two but when the thermal fuse kicked in killed the unit again

nike123
31-03-2010, 05:09 PM
nike 123 had the same fault on many lg f/f engineers been out to them jumped straight in to regas which made them work for day or two but when the thermal fuse kicked in killed the unit again

OK, what would be cause of thermal fuse action? Could you point me on some diagram where such fuse is presented since I am not familiar with these thermal fuses in freezer compartment.

nickphill
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the advice will try and call the Engineer and pose the question to him. Am really stuck otherwise and shame to scrap it as we haven't had it that long. Keep shaking the money tree but all the branches are bare!!