PDA

View Full Version : Oil Additives

Capt Steve
28-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Has anyone every tested the refrigerant oil additives and proven the energy savings that they claim?

Mark
28-02-2005, 07:30 PM
No,cant say i have. can you elaborate?? :)

Mark
28-02-2005, 07:31 PM
What do they claim?

Capt Steve
01-03-2005, 01:27 PM
They claim to coat the inside of the compressor and system components, to reduce friction. By reducing the friction, and the starting of compressors is easier, and components operate without drag, or restrictions, allowing for large energy savings.
They also claim it works the best in older systems, that have lost efficiency from age, etc.
Compare it to a product that is similar to engine treatment for cars that have over 100,000 miles, that is sold on the shelves in most autoparts supply houses.

Peter_1
01-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Then why not use from the beginning at initial startup?
Don't believe such a fairytales.
If it should be anything helpfully, compressor manufacturers should recommend it and use it themselves.

Latte
06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
They also claim it works the best in older systems, that have lost efficiency from age, etc.
Compare it to a product that is similar to engine treatment for cars that have over 100,000 miles, that is sold on the shelves in most autoparts supply houses.

Hi Guys,

If you use a decent engine oil (Not the cheap £1.99 stuff from tesco's) then you shouldn't need any extra additives.

At the end of the day, the companies that make the compressor oils such as Shell and Mobil are large multi-billion pound organisations that spend hundreds of thousands developing oils, i cannot believe that a small company can produce an additive that will improve on it. The only thing i have ever added to oil is Dye Fluid.

Regards

Fatboy