PDA

View Full Version : Airwell XLM30RCB

Mathew
29-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi all,
I have an Airwell XLM30RCB split system reverse cycle air conditioner. The remote I have is the RC4-I-1, the correct remote for this unit. When I press the vertical swing button to change the left/right flaps, they don't move.

Anyone who has this unit, or models XLM30RCD, XLM32RCB or XLM32RCD. Could you please reply if your unit's flap move according to remote commands.

Also, after reading the manual, the flaps move left together, left middle, middle, right middle, right together and left-right, then swing with each press of the vertical swing button. Would you please test to see if your unit does this and reply.

Thanks
Mat

chemi-cool
29-03-2010, 11:29 AM
The flap is operated by a small 12V motor. Check for voltage.
If it doe's get the right voltage but not turning, replace it.

Doe's the flap shot when you switch off the unit?

Mathew
29-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I think that there is a bit of confusion with which flaps I am talking about. I am not talking about the one that swings up and down and closes when the unit switches off. I am talking about the ones that move from letf to right inside the air outlet. Thanks for you help.

chemi-cool
30-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Its a similar motor or the same size.

Mathew
30-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah there are two motors, one for one part of left/right louvres and another for the other left/right part of louvres. There is one more motor for the up/down flap.
All motors are connected to the pcb correctly. Only the up/down flap functions according to remote commands. Remote is not faulty. Would like to know if someone has this unit and their left/right flaps work according to remote commands as stated above.

Unit is also known as an Airwell Florida FLO30DCI and Electra WNG80

Thanks
Mat