PDA

View Full Version : tired

tired
29-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Hello All,
Just wanted to get some opinions on what a service tech should do when they have grown tired of the company they work for and their career in industrial refrigeration (because of the company they work for). I have worked for a small company for 10 plus years. I do the same job today that I did when I started and have been told I will be doing the same job 10 years from now.
Honestly, I have worked very hard for this company, God only knows how much time I have been on call, how many weekends I have had to work, how many 20 to 30 hour shifts I have had to work, how much time I have spent out of town working and how many family functions I have missed because "this has to be done now".
Don't get me wrong, I still give the customer 100%, I just don't have the same drive anymore.
Sorry about the long post, I just needed to vent somewhere. Thanks for listening

tired

modvalve
29-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Hello tired I had the same problem so shifted to a large company with heeps of people on call. Half of our work is industrial and the other half large water chillers but no doubt after a while I might get bored again. Hope this helps

lowcool
29-03-2010, 12:48 PM
jump the fence and work for yourself and you still have yourself to blame the other option is to get out of the trade.
do your own thing and you might find more time for fishing etc and find a mate who can back you up and vice versa.