PDA

View Full Version : Improving a Reefer

Latte
27-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi Guys,

There has been a little bit of traffic in the forum today so here's another chance to get your'e brain going

Q) What improvement/feature would you like to see fitted as STANDARD on reefers:-

Now brea in mind i have been out of the loop a couple of years but i would like to see a BIG !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: flashing light on the front of the units to warn of a low fuel level.

Now, i know there is a shutdown code on both TKSR and Carrier logic but have never seen one that works BEFORE the unit completly runs out of fuel and has to be bled up

There's my suggestion, what other improvements can you come up with.

Regards

Fatboy

nova
27-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi Guys,

There has been a little bit of traffic in the forum today so here's another chance to get your'e brain going

Q) What improvement/feature would you like to see fitted as STANDARD on reefers:-

Now brea in mind i have been out of the loop a couple of years but i would like to see a BIG !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: flashing light on the front of the units to warn of a low fuel level.

Now, i know there is a shutdown code on both TKSR and Carrier logic but have never seen one that works BEFORE the unit completly runs out of fuel and has to be bled up

There's my suggestion, what other improvements can you come up with.

Regards

Fatboy

Hi Fatboy

I'd like to see the prevent modes introduced on Spectrum TS' & SR-2's to be a standard in all units. Users don't see them, but they can see the results in a form of saved cargo! :)

jbear
28-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi everyone.

The low fuel situation would be illiminated if companies started docking drivers money for 'out of fuel' breakdowns, so to me the low fuel problem isnt a fridge problem but one of weak management and drivers who 'dont give a toss'

Reeferjon
28-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Fuel monitoring has been an option for years since uPIV, tanks with integral pumps and float units were designed and BM's generated by TK, seems no-one wants the extra costs involved either that or the sales guys have issues!

See rail systems.

Latte
01-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Fuel monitoring has been an option for years since uPIV, tanks with integral pumps and float units were designed and BM's generated by TK, seems no-one wants the extra costs involved either that or the sales guys have issues!

See rail systems.

Hi John,
This would be OK if the people that actually signed the order forms were at ground floor level and knew how they were operated in the real world. How often to MD's/directors consult workshop staff on make of unit let alone optional extra's

Regards

Fatboy

Reeferjon
01-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Fence mode [ON]
:D

Latte
03-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Come on John, sitting on the fence that's not like you.

I have just registered for the CV show, i see Thermo King "Europe" :confused: have a stand. What have we got to look forward to then. Anything exciting.

regards

Fatboy

Reeferjon
04-03-2005, 09:11 AM
:rolleyes: Can't commment 'its a suprise'.

Anyway most TK bods will be in Shannon that week for SMC05

:confused: 'someone can't sort a calander'

Latte
06-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi Guys,

John, CV Show, i assume Smart Reefer 2 is going to be highlight :eek: .

I Hope TK put on a good show this time, Carrier always do. I think in the past TK have scalled down displays (Probably due to cost) and have lost out. While on the subject a couple of shows ago Carrier were taking about and had on show a quick response motorbike to get out to breakdowns in London so they could quickly assess if a van equip'd engineer was required. Did they ever run with it, if so how did it go. i suspect it wouldn't work very well, what could you carry on a bike. Set of gauges, few adjustables :confused: .

Well have fun at SMC and leave the black liquid alone :D (And i don't mean the engine oil)

regards

Fatboy