PDA

View Full Version : Tranfering Refrigerant from one cylinder to another

A1_Autos
27-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Just a quick question, I just want to know when using a recovery unit to transfer refrigerant from one cylinder to another or indeed from a system into a recovery bottle, is it ok and indeed safe for the Recovery Machine, to allow it to pull into a high vacum on the inlet - (suction) side of the machine where it is pulling refrigerant in, just to ensure that all contents of the cylinder that I am recovering from have been completely removed. Is this harmfull to the recovery machine at all or not? Becuase if I dont do this then surely there will would be a small amount of refrigerant left over after finishing the recovery process.
Or do I just wait for the pressure to drop to 0 psi/bar on the Inlet side of recov Unit and no further????
Hope that makes sense, Thanks... :D

nike123
27-03-2010, 10:11 PM
An automatic low-pressure cut-off switch turns the machine off at 15" of vacuum, eliminating unnecessary wear and tear on the machine

http://www.tequipment.net/PromaxRG5410A.asp

cool runings
27-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Just a quick question, I just want to know when using a recovery unit to transfer refrigerant from one cylinder to another or indeed from a system into a recovery bottle, is it ok and indeed safe for the Recovery Machine, to allow it to pull into a high vacum on the inlet - Thanks... :D

Taking it to just below 0 is low enough.
Yes there will be some gas left inside the cylinder or system but you have made every effort to remove as much of the refrigerant as possible.

coolrunnings

A1_Autos
27-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks for that, I didnt know about the low pressure cut off switch. Thanks..:D

cool runings
28-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks for that, I didnt know about the low pressure cut off switch. Thanks..:D

Not all makes have a LP switch.

So check the one you have to see if it does or does not.

If it does not it will just run on forever.

coolrunnings

El Padre
03-04-2010, 02:02 PM
We are required to recover to 0 barg, if you pull the system into a vacuum you will only be increasing the chance of air and therefore moisture entering the system.

Cheers