PDA

View Full Version : Thermoelectric refrigerator

Adam Edwards
25-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi

I am currently working on my final project at university and am looking into using a peltier device to create a thermoelectric refrigerator similar to that found in a wine or beer fridge. Does anybody know why this form of cooling is not used in kitchen fridges rather than just on this small scale? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Brian_UK
25-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Probably because of the noise of the cooling fans.

edit: Please only post your question once.

Eric Wick
16-08-2010, 04:48 AM
They are about 60% as efficient as a compressor system.

lowcool
16-08-2010, 05:32 AM
i prefer my beer cold not cool and not out of date as this post is

Appleton
18-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Because if you used a peltier system in a fridge of kitchen you need a big peltier to remove the thermal load inside of the cabinet , also the peltier, in the oposite side, generate so much heat, is very expensive and the electrical consuption is higer than in a compressor, the peltier system have good aplication in mini-fridge to keep the beers and soda cool,

candyjob34
20-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Well good luck in doing a thermoelectric refrigerator. For me, this kind of refrigerator is more environmentally friendly because they do not release ozone depleting chemicals such as chlorofluorocarbons or other gases.

Magoo
20-08-2010, 06:44 AM
The COP of performance is not good, so consumes more power, which in turn creates more CO 2 emissions, if power is coal /gas generated.

antonette93
27-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Honestly speaking, I don't have any idea on why this thermoelectric refrigerator is not used in kitchen fridges. But all I now is that thermoelectric refrigerator rely on the thermoelectriceffect.