PDA

View Full Version : Recovery of R23

Chris7
25-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi

Does anyone out there know the best way to recover a large amount of R23 other than just using a chilled evacuated high pressure cylinder?

I cant find a recovery pump that is suitable for high pressure gasses of the type of R23,R508b etc

Thanks

C

Peter_1
26-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Good question Chris, struggled exactly over this problem end last year and for me, it's impossible to do this.
You have to vent it to the atmosphere unless you recover it to several cylinders and pressurize those all to 20 bar.

Brian_UK
26-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Previous thread on this subject came up with a few ideas...

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840

ntron
26-03-2010, 07:54 PM
You need a high pressure recovery system like our SRS unit.

Hi

Does anyone out there know the best way to recover a large amount of R23 other than just using a chilled evacuated high pressure cylinder?

I cant find a recovery pump that is suitable for high pressure gasses of the type of R23,R508b etc

Thanks

C

RANGER1
27-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Is the system you are recovering from operational ?

Gramstrup
13-04-2010, 08:57 PM
You may already have solved the problem, but anyways here is a way to recover the most.

if possible freeze your recovery cylinder to the lowest possible, if you have access to low temp freezer, then use this, alternative a cold room.

the trick is simply to let the refrigerent run from the warm unit to the cold cylinder, best result is if you can have your cylinder keept in the cold, it will take some pretty long time

it a long distance i on site simply make !/4 pipe between