PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Set Free problem

TRASH101
23-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I have a problem with an inverter comp. being locked up and wondered if there is anyone that knows if I could run the second comp. off the inverter.

The unit is a RAS 10 FSG (inverter comp = 3kw, DOL comp. = 3.7kw) on r407c.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thermatech
25-03-2010, 10:48 PM
For Set Free systems there is normally a dip switch setting for disable of compressor function.

So if you have faulty inverter compressor you can use this dip fuction to stop its operation & in this case the unit will run with only the direct on line compressor or on larger units all of the direct on line compressors.
Or if you have faulty direct on line compressor you can disable & run only the inverter compressor & or the other direct on line compressors.

You just choose which compressor you dont want to run.

Details of this dip setting are in the service manual & on the outdoor unit access panel.

Imp
29-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I have a manual for this and can get the pages you need to run only the fixed speed compressors. Contact me via the site and I will sort it.

TRASH101
06-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks Imp and Thermatech for your responses and my apologies for the belated reply ( as I've just had some time off :D ). The new comp turned up that Thursday so the issue became moot.

Although I would still be interested to know if the inverter has the guts to run the 3.7kw comp.

Imp
21-04-2010, 10:36 PM
the inverter should not be an issue. It is designed to run that compressor. As with any manufacturer inverters are a bit perilous with UK voltages. There was an issue with Hitachi inverters a couple of years back but these were improved with lots of extra protection. Not sure if they applied this to the older FS range though.