PDA

View Full Version : hail storm in australia

paul_h
23-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Well, I got caught in the worst of it, my ute is probably a write off.
I heard they only pay 75% of market value for hail damage, and 'market value' gets very screwed down tight when insurance companies are bleeding due to huge numbers of claims, so you really get shafted twice.
Means I'll probably have to come up with $5K out of my own pocket to buy myself something that doesn't look like a piece of crap.

My weekend car took a beating too, not going to bother with it, just drive that ****ty car into the ground. I just spent 2K on mechanical work, suspension/brakes etc and now the car is worthless due to hail damage.

Edit: For people going storm, what storm, here's a crappy youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZATbPdujWc&feature=related.
I've looked around, but there's no videos showing how bad it was in the area my car was parked in. The customers house I was at had all the glass smashed and had a tin roof, so it was extremely loud, I've never been witness to anything like it, and hail and smashed glass was raining down on us.

desA
23-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow - that is quite nasty.

Why not be inventive & paint the car in leopard spots? One spot per hail dent.

monkey spanners
23-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Pleased you are ok, just think what it would do to your head if you were caught out in a storm :eek:

Your truck will be much quicker now it has dents like a golf ball ;)

Jon

Grizzly
23-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey Paul.
That is some storm. My friend in Queensland was telling me of a pending cyclone to the north, earlier in the week.
I guess you guy's got some of it?
Sorry to here about your Ute!
Hopefully the damage is not to bad?
Good Luck with the insurance.
Grizzly

cadwaladr
23-03-2010, 08:35 PM
only witnessed one storm like that when i was very young late sixties they were as big as tennis balls ,very scary dont worry about the car its a materiel thing,as long as everyones ok,the insurance may wave the act of god clause,

lowcool
24-03-2010, 06:14 AM
looks like you had a tap dancing stripper with stillettos.may i suggest barefoot and a pole.
good old aussie weather,i think we would be lucky to have had 30 mm since november and the only state not to have received a deluge.