PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AO54 comms error?

AUcooler
23-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Hi guys

Ive been searching for some fault code info regards
the main outdoor PCB on a VRF Inverter Fujitsu AO54UJCMR. The outdoor main PCB is reporting "LED5 7 Flash" "LED1 Continous Flash" and the 4x Cassettes attached are reporting "3 Flash on the swing and Timer LEDS" and continous flash on the 3rd indoor LED. If I disconnect the comms wire at the outdoor unit ive got 41vdc on the outdoor filter PCB(tm203). Ive got nil voltage on the indoor comms wire.
Fujitsu Tech support tells me its likly a comms error at the outdoor PCB. Im considering condemning either/or the the Filter PCB or the Main PCB, but am not convinced.
The fault followed an electrical storm the night before, and I also found a fried Gecko next to the main PCB. I flipped the main PCB to see if the Gecko had arc'd out anywhere, but it looked OK as far as I could tell. The unit uses only infrared remotes.
I also searched the OceanAir web site but could not find any technical info relating to the outdoor LEDS for this model.

any help appreciated :)

Toosh
23-03-2010, 06:38 AM
http://www.airconwarehouse.com/acatalog/Fujitsu_error_codes.pdf

AUcooler
23-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Ive got those codes thanks Toosh. There is no wall mounted remote to access them from, only infrared hand held remote. So unless the hand held remote can access the fault coding like Daikin units, the remote is not much help.

cadillackid
23-03-2010, 01:15 PM
I have run into issues where a bad MOSFET on a power converter board (any ductless split) will sometimes throw so much electrical noise into the comms line that it will error out into a comms failure....

a fried varmint inside a unit will usually take out some part of the electronics, esp if its near a micro processor board.. the comms lines on most units are 18-60 volts and are opto-isolated so you likely did not wipe out any indoor boards..

does the comm link ever come up? meaning does the unit start to run then die? are there any swelled capacitors on the filter PCB? also look at the main driver board for the same thing.. swelled Capacitors usually indicate they are going bad, causing a current pull and often destruction of other components in their electrical path..
-Christopher