PDA

View Full Version : Leak on suction drier

philjd26
21-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi
I have a pin hole leak on the suction drier just befrore compressor of a split, I was wondering are they made from steal and what's the best way to repair?
I was looking to get new compressor but the price and availability was incredible.

Any ideas gents

rgrds phil

monkey spanners
21-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Is this part of the compressor, if so its an accumilator. I would think a really good clean up to bare metal and silver solder/flux would be the way to go with a good flow of nitrogen to prevent any oil from burning thats in there.

al
21-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Phil

Would this be more likely the accumulator? Might be best to strip the compressor and accumulator out and do it in the workshop, you would be well able to repair,just take your time.

alec

philjd26
21-03-2010, 11:21 PM
thanks for reply lads, its a 407c split, its simular to a muffler...it would come as part ofa compressor assembly!!! the part is painted so cleanin job required....alot of oil lost too, thats why i consider compressor!!!!

thanks for advice

rgrds phil

tradybrad
30-03-2010, 10:20 AM
in my opinion replacement of compressor would be a better option i understand costs involved but like you said oil loss big issue plus why has crack occured vibration? if so vibration eliminator may need to been installed as if crack is just soldered up and patched up crack may reappear.

cadillackid
31-03-2010, 04:01 PM
at the very least you will need to pull the compressor out of the unit to work on it.. there is too much oil inside that can to effectively braze it in the system. even with a nitro flow you run the risk of overheating that oil.. unless it is way at the top of the can you MIGHT be able to braze it if its at a joint there. ... vibratrion breaks the joints there fairly frequently...
-Christopher