23-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Need help with the following

Mitsibushi Heavy Industries
FDKA 301 HES Cassettes

Customer complaining not enough heat output in Heat mode
Initiated a test run in cool mode
Both units ( side by side) showed 50 psi or 5 Bar on Low pressure
These units are precharged............run is under 7 metres
Were they perhaps despatched eith less refrigerant charge ??
R410A

Second prob

Systems go in defrost............yet indoor fans continue to run and deliver cold air into room

Why ??

Latte
23-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Hi Aiyub,

Youre's was one of them posts that you read and think thank goodness it isn't one of my call. Sorry i can't help you directly except to say that i have never come accross an easy fault on a mitsi heavy unit. They certainly are not as reliable as the mitsi elec units and every time i have had a fault on one i have ALWAYS ended up having to phone technical for advice. They are weird :eek: units and logic doesn't always point you in the right direction. My advice to anyone with a fault on one of these units is unless it is a obvious fault phone for advice. I thought i had a direct phone number for mhi technical but can't find it at the moment. it might be worth rining 1st distribution or 3D and ask their guys (They are the one;s that sell these unit)

Sorry i can't help any further

Regards

Fatboy

eggs
23-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Aiyub, i.m not really a fault finding guy but i'll try.

On a 410a system in this weather i would expect, maybe, to see 5 bar(75ish psi) on the low side, but not 50psi (3.5ish bar).

Me personally, not being a technical man, would be inclined to reclaim, weigh and see if shortage of gas is the problem.
For the couple of kg or so of gas, verses the hours of thinking about it it. i would check it out.
If it wasn't this, and you agreed with the customer that not enough heat was being produced, i agree with rdocwra ring up 3dair.
Well that was before HRP took over, now i would flog them something new.

As for the cold air on de-frost. The crappy samsung bionizer in my daughters bedroom does the same, nuff said.

Cheers

eggs

Temprite
24-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Need help with the following

Mitsibushi Heavy Industries
FDKA 301 HES Cassettes

Customer complaining not enough heat output in Heat mode
Initiated a test run in cool mode
Both units ( side by side) showed 50 psi or 5 Bar on Low pressure
These units are precharged............run is under 7 metres
Were they perhaps despatched eith less refrigerant charge ??
R410A

Second prob

Systems go in defrost............yet indoor fans continue to run and deliver cold air into room

Why ??

G'day Aiyub.
Had a heavy industries unit blowing cold air on heating at times,it was a wall mounted split.The indoor fan always ran on heating even if the compressor wasn't running.(No hot start.)They came from the factory like this

The indoor unit has dip switches on the pcb which you can change so the indoor fan cycles with the compressor.This may or may not be applicable to your model.

The customer had recently complained of the fan continuing to run even when the unit was on defrost, but wasn't asking for immediate attention because it's summer at present.But my bet is that the dip switches may be able to change this as well.I would be interested to hear what you find.

Good luck.

chemi-cool
24-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Abe,

So as my Sanyo Ergo mini split.
The indoor fan, runs at all times but very slow on defrost and heating mode when compressor stops.

May be change the vane direction so the people in the room will not feel the cold draught.

Chemi

Abe
24-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Temprite

I rang technical today.............This is what they said. On a defrost, approx once an hour the fan shuts off and the indoor coil goes into cooling mode.

Then the fan starts up for a while and blows air into the room through the iced up coil. ( strange that I say)) surely the fan should only come on once the indoor coil reaches a certain temperature

Customer says it blows cold for about 15 mins...........I says surely cant be that long.

MIt say that the weather conditions we have at present..........wet damp snow with high RH, are the worst possible conditions for Heat pump mode.

I think your dip switch solution is probably the case.

Im going to ask them tomorrow if its possible to adjust a dip switch on indoor unit so fan cycles goes off..............

Adjusting Vane

I cannot do that. Cassette is slung high on ceiling...........within a void...............air flow has to point straight down............

If I adjust position it will blow into a void within the ceiling..........but thx for the tip.

Im there 2moro afternoon.........spending a few hours there monitoring.....................I hate going back to a job..........

Sigh..............Wish Id stuck with LG!!!!!!!! :) :)

rbartlett
24-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Sigh..............Wish Id stuck with LG!!!!!!!! :) :)

no you don't

been installing some LG 10kw wall/ceiling convertables..what a heap of sh...

the customer asked to day if they were noisey...I almost replied 'only if you turn them on'.....

cheers

richard

frank
09-03-2005, 09:37 AM
and then check
the length of the pipe if it is more than it is precharged
add about 25 g per extra meter boss

Are you guessing?