PDA

View Full Version : Can an amature build a homebrew temprite???

FNQ Bunyip
23-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Well hello , hows things , G'Day ..... I'm an Australian with a little bit of an understanding of refrig principals ... What I want to do is build a temprite type of box to cool my home brew....
I have a compressor form a new fisher &pykel bar fridge . and lots of bits and peices ..... The beer line is a S/S coil approx 450mmX125mmX125mm a bit bigger than a loaf of bread....its 15m of 5mm S/S pipe...what I had in mind is a copper loop up the inside of that coil , in a glycol mix , with an air cooled condencer ....... I figure that the whole thing should only be as big as a computer case/tower.... What I need is help with how mush pipe on each side ...? If some one was willing to help I can suply pics of both the compresser and beer coil ... and any other info .. its an R134a system ... Thank you all in advance ...

:cheers: fnqbunyip

Temprite
23-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Well hello , hows things , G'Day ..... I'm an Australian with a little bit of an understanding of refrig principals ... What I want to do is build a temprite type of box to cool my home brew....
I have a compressor form a new fisher &pykel bar fridge . and lots of bits and peices ..... The beer line is a S/S coil approx 450mmX125mmX125mm a bit bigger than a loaf of bread....its 15m of 5mm S/S pipe...what I had in mind is a copper loop up the inside of that coil , in a glycol mix , with an air cooled condencer ....... I figure that the whole thing should only be as big as a computer case/tower.... What I need is help with how mush pipe on each side ...? If some one was willing to help I can suply pics of both the compresser and beer coil ... and any other info .. its an R134a system ... Thank you all in advance ...

:cheers: fnqbunyip

G'day fnqbunyip
Dont try it,you will drive yourself crazy trying to make it.
You would be far better to put the compressor back into the bar fridge and let the fridge cool your beer.Stick the fridge up high and let gravity fill your glass.Or you could buy my old ice bank beer cooler.