PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with a Toshiba A/C unit.

Langer
18-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi

I recently got a service call on a Toshiba A/C inverter system.

Said system is a 'RAV-sm801ct-e' and running on r410.

Now i didn't have much time to spend on it the last day but what i can tell you for now is that when i power it up, the outdoor unit clicks for a while but nothing from both the fan motor or compressor. After a few minutes the controller flashes fault code P22.

I have no experience on inverters so any help would be greatly appreciated.

frank
18-03-2010, 12:07 PM
A P22 error is an Outdoor DC FM error.

1: Position detection error, or
2: Over-current protective circuit of outdoor FM drive works, or
3: Outdoor fan lock, or
4: Outdoor CDB P.C. board check

Langer
18-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks Frank.

The fan motor isn't locked out, but i can test it the next day i get a chance to work on it. (a dry day)

I guess the next best thing to do it disconnect the compressor and turn the unit back on and test power supply to same?

Seems to be one of the more awkward units to work on. :(

Davey 2 Pints
18-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Langer
Frank is 99.999% right with his P22 diagnosis.
P22 relates to condenser fan motor error, anything that would stall the fan motor would generate a P22 fault code.
I would return to site with a condenser fan motor and main PCB if your unsure if its the fan motor or pcb at fault.
As you have only stated the indoor refrence then I can only assume the system is not twinned (i.e 2 indoors of 1 outdoor), with that in mind you will probably find the outdoor unit has only 1 PCB, the CDB that Frank mentions will not be present
Also I wouldnt waste time disconnecting the compressor etc. as P22 is in connection with the outdoor fan motor only on these machines.
Remember most of the boards from Tosh these days are of a generic type (one for all), so fitting instructions normally accompany the boards, these have to be followed.
Good luck.

Kp3
18-03-2010, 07:31 PM
99% certain that the pcb will be faulty. check resistance on fan motor if i can remember red(pink), yellow an white should give you the resistance but tosh tech will tell you its pcb. had it before

Langer
19-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Langer
Frank is 99.999% right with his P22 diagnosis.
P22 relates to condenser fan motor error, anything that would stall the fan motor would generate a P22 fault code.
I would return to site with a condenser fan motor and main PCB if your unsure if its the fan motor or pcb at fault.
As you have only stated the indoor refrence then I can only assume the system is not twinned (i.e 2 indoors of 1 outdoor), with that in mind you will probably find the outdoor unit has only 1 PCB, the CDB that Frank mentions will not be present
Also I wouldnt waste time disconnecting the compressor etc. as P22 is in connection with the outdoor fan motor only on these machines.
Remember most of the boards from Tosh these days are of a generic type (one for all), so fitting instructions normally accompany the boards, these have to be followed.
Good luck.

99% certain that the pcb will be faulty. check resistance on fan motor if i can remember red(pink), yellow an white should give you the resistance but tosh tech will tell you its pcb. had it before

No, Davey, the system is not twined. Just one indoor/one outdoor.

Thanks to both of you. Ye've been a great help to me.