PDA

View Full Version : Trane Centrifugal Oil sample

swid2007
17-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Any suggestions on taking an oil sample on a Trane centrifugal chiller, should the sample be taken after the machine has run for a couple hours or is it OK to take the sample on a machine that has been off all winter?

Brian_UK
17-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Off all winter would be the worst case sample so maybe be the better one to take.

Is there any reason why you can't take both?

swid2007
18-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Any suggestions on taking an oil sample on a Trane centrifugal chiller, should the sample be taken after the machine has run for a couple hours or is it OK to take the sample on a machine that has been off all winter?
That makes alot of sense, I think we will do both. It's cheap protection afterall!
Thanks

lzenglish
02-04-2010, 05:07 AM
I always took the sample in operating conditions, (so I would let it run). The suspended metals that they check your bearing wear with, would tend to settle at the bottom of the sump, (In my Opinion). I would check with trane though, especially if it is under warranty!

serviceman
20-04-2010, 03:03 AM
depending on the model can take the sample, I suggest you take oil sample after winter preferably the oil sample taken after 72hrs of continuous operation