PDA

View Full Version : career advice needed

carfy313
15-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi, I am 22 years old living in preston england since leaving school, i have worked for one company fixing cellar equiptment, coolers, bottle fridge's, ect ect, my role's have included compressor changes. fixing leaks, brazing, re-gas, ect ect,
I now feel that i want to expand my knowledge of refridgeration, and get some proper qualifications, currently i have my f-gas "city & guild's 2079",
Just wondered if any one has any advice of how i can acheive this, Any advice or information would be very helpfull.
Thanks

Tony
16-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Talk to Training 2000 in Blackburn, they offer NVQs in refrigeration.

It used to be Tony ..... sorry Ican't remember his last name.

taz24
16-03-2010, 12:39 PM

You need to think about college and get some formal quals.

http://www.themanchestercollege.ac.uk/coursefinder?keys=6127&attendance=All&location=All&edit-submit.x=29&edit-submit.y=22

Oh learn how to spell refrigeration as well :p :D

Cheers taz..

Nadeem146
24-03-2010, 11:57 AM
which company do you work for?

sefuss
28-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Do a search for as many a/c, fridge, chiller companies as you can with in your area then visit their website and send them an email explaining your situation and what your goals are etc, also include your cv or ring them and explain your situation.
also try ac/fridge recruitment sites, these people get paid comission for getting you a job so its in their interest to help you.
or contact the local college, there is one in manchester and one in liverpool doing fridge courses and ask them if they know of any companies taking on etc

best of luck