PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Multi ~ reduce 3 circuits to two

Makeit go Right
15-03-2010, 10:04 AM
A customer has an existing multi-system, involving one condenser AOY30LMAW4 (R410a, nominal cooling capacity 8kW) with three 2.8kW wall-mounted room units connected.

The plan is to remove one of those circuits, leaving just the two room units connected to the multi-condenser.

Would the system work happily wth just the two circuits? Any downside/worries?

Makeit go Right
15-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Answering my own question, now, having done some phoning around, seems the min capacity of the system is 7.9kW (nomimal), which means it will not be happy on just the two circuits, them being less than 7.9kW.

Drats.

back2space
15-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Answering my own question, now, having done some phoning around, seems the min capacity of the system is 7.9kW (nomimal), which means it will not be happy on just the two circuits, them being less than 7.9kW.

Drats.

If its an inverter it will be fine I would have thought.

it will vary its output based on the load.

You might have 3 units connected at the moment but you could run just one of those if you wished.

Usually they state that you should have at least 2 units connected in total but whether you use both units or not it doesnt matter.

The nominal is just the rated output. It would be fine to have just 2 units connected.

Haden4ever
16-03-2010, 03:05 PM
i would add that you should be careful running too much under capacity, the resultant reduction in refrigerant could increase compressor temp, and the likelihood of failure, if you do go ahead monitor the comp shell temps to see if this is a problem

back2space
16-03-2010, 03:58 PM
i would add that you should be careful running too much under capacity, the resultant reduction in refrigerant could increase compressor temp, and the likelihood of failure, if you do go ahead monitor the comp shell temps to see if this is a problem

The units will be designed to have only one unit in operation but there will be a minimum number of units that you can have in operation.

I run my multi split with 1 unit running much of the year as once the other rooms come upto temperature they stay at that temp all day. Only in extremes of summer/winter do they all need to be running.

If your worried check with the manufacturer.

Robin
17-03-2010, 03:49 AM
The unit will not work with only 2 heads. The microchips should be programmed to show a fault if only 2 heads are connected. Also a liquid reciever may be needed (std Fujitsu part) with 3 2.8kw heads. It does'nt matter if you use only 1 head as long as 3 or more are connected.

back2space
17-03-2010, 12:14 PM
The unit will not work with only 2 heads. The microchips should be programmed to show a fault if only 2 heads are connected. Also a liquid reciever may be needed (std Fujitsu part) with 3 2.8kw heads. It does'nt matter if you use only 1 head as long as 3 or more are connected.

This must be unique to fujitsu as other multisplit systems you can usually add "upto" 3 units meaning you can have whatever you want connected.