PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Zakynthos

zorbachick
15-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Hello
I looked at the info on this forum and guess this will be a very simple one for you ladies and gents but not being an engineer at all we need your help.
We have a Taylor ice cream machine that is about 10 years old. It worked very well until last year. It was serviced in the UK by ********** in Cambridgeshire(fully) with new bearings, seals, beater etc a year before that. It has worked since then for about 60 hours. It chilled beautifully and caused no problems .

We tried starting up this year and all we can just about get it to do is run on wash. As soon as we try to freeze it trips the front large trip fuse and the beeper cuts in. All I can think is that the gas is low and will not allow the compressor to cut in for more than a few seconds.Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

It is kept in a garage in winter and kept tidy and clean.

Now that was the entire knowledge of machines and refridgeration. However in Greece here we have to be very careful before we employ someone to do something as it can become very very expensive.
All we do is run this and let our guests and friends help themselves to ice cream. It does not make money infact it costs.

Could anyone give us advice in simple terms please.

Sara and Ian

Brian_UK
15-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi you two and welcome to the forum.

Do you have a model number at all? anything seen here?

http://www.taylor-company.com/index.html

Have you checked under the covers to ensure that no winter mice have been eating cables or similar?

zorbachick
16-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Hello Brian I will take a look today and see what model it is. Have 7 cats here so mice are at a minimum haha.
Bear with me and i will get the model number.