PDA

View Full Version : My fridge is not getting cool enough

waazupdoc
14-03-2010, 01:50 AM
I recently did a major overhaul on a fridge to turn it into a Kegerator and I may have botched something. I insulated the back of the fridge really well but I may have insulated something I am not supposed to. I am hoping someone can tell me what this is?

It wasn't insulated before but during my project I insulated it would it be the cause for an increase in temperature inside my fridge?

Toosh
14-03-2010, 02:35 AM
I recently did a major overhaul on a fridge to turn it into a Kegerator and I may have botched something. I insulated the back of the fridge really well but I may have insulated something I am not supposed to. I am hoping someone can tell me what this is?

It wasn't insulated before but during my project I insulated it would it be the cause for an increase in temperature inside my fridge?

If you insulated the condensor then you are in trouble

Toosh

waazupdoc
14-03-2010, 03:12 AM
I did not insulate my compressor but i did insulate whatever that thing is circled in yellow in the picture. you can see more pics of it at joelnrebekah.com i can get the fridge down to around 38 but it has to work really hard to get there. any idea what that thing is? thanks for everyones help

Gary
14-03-2010, 05:22 AM
If it's cold, insulate it.

If its warm, don't insulate it.

If it's hot, don't even think about it.

Remove all of the insulation and start over.

Toosh
14-03-2010, 06:37 AM
I did not insulate my compressor but i did insulate whatever that thing is circled in yellow in the picture. you can see more pics of it at joelnrebekah.com i can get the fridge down to around 38 but it has to work really hard to get there. any idea what that thing is? thanks for everyones help

Have you thought it might be not be able to cool a keg

Toosh

nike123
14-03-2010, 12:01 PM
You insulated portion of capillary which is wrapped to suction line and act as sub-cooler.
That should not affect capacity or work of refrigerator in negative way.

Fridge is not designed to cool high amount of goods in one loading and therefore your is struggling to cool that keg!
It could be more than 15 hours to cool keg of 50L from 20°C to 1-2°C.
When it cool keg down, it will cool OK (if it doesn't get stroke :D)!