PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear

WCC73
13-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Have a looky here http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=118041

I think somebody could be in line for a rollicking.

dunny123
13-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeh the supermarket hopefully!!!!
Its them who demand they want it fixing there and then.We could fix the fridges when the store closes if they like,then no accidents with gas will ever happen.If an engineer has fractured a pipe by accident,then he is only partly to blame!There are method statments in place,that get completely ignored when the supermarket wants them fixing.

Gary
13-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I've been breathing in all sorts of refrigerants for 40+ years and I'm healthy as a horse. The obvious knee-jerk conclusion is that the stuff must be good for you. I've also been smoking for over 50 years, so the anti-tobacco crowd can kiss my butt, too... lol

Brian_UK
13-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I loved this response from probably one of the younger members, all fresh from his Safe Handling Course.

: from other forum

this not all true i work in the motor trade and have just done my city and guildes on air con r134a and r12(r12 which is no longer permitted in the motor trade )are both very dangeros gases the dont have a smell but like house gas has an odder added to it so you can smell it when it leaks r143a is heavier tha air and if inhailed can actualy sufocat you as it is heavyer than air . and it is acriminal offense to nowingly relise it into the atmosfier look for drowsieness or nausia if so seek medical advise these gases are not to be messed with they can also cause sevire frost byte if the come into contact with bear skinShame about the spelling, but that's modern Britain for you. ;)

Spencer.Guy
13-03-2010, 10:46 PM
We could fix the fridges when the store closes if they like,

With Tesco that'll be a few hours Saturday night and a few Sunday night, I doubt they would want to wait that long.

Or there's always Easter Sunday and Xmas day...

multisync
13-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I loved this response from probably one of the younger members, all fresh from his Safe Handling Course.

: from other forumShame about the spelling, but that's modern Britain for you. ;)

This one is far more worrying...:confused:

ok im a refrigeration engineer and been running a successful business for the last 17 years the gas would have been either R134a or R404a its completely safe the gas does not smell what you are smelling is mineral oil that has been blown out of the pipe work this is also safe
the only gas you have to be careful of is ammonia or R600A or R290 the later two are extremely flammable and these gases would not be in a industral fridge ammonia is dangerous
all gases are dangerous in enclosed spaces as they deplete the oxegen
the only time refrigeration gases become dangerous is when used in enclosed spaces <see above> or when the gas comes in contact with a naked flame then green flames are given of and then this becomes toxic .so please do not wory mate im in contact and work with these gases every day <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1020992-->

lowcool
13-03-2010, 11:50 PM
nearly cleared a store once with phosgene,ohh the golden days of coffin freezers and cfcs.
bluddy good comment their gary

chillled
15-03-2010, 08:25 PM
This one is far more worrying...:confused:

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1020992-->
Tut tut does he mean polyolester oils? He's not coming onto my sites!! mind you someone did pump ten litres of piss into a system when someone had been caught short and used an oil can!!

Quality
15-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I've been breathing in all sorts of refrigerants for 40+ years and I'm healthy as a horse. The obvious knee-jerk conclusion is that the stuff must be good for you. I've also been smoking for over 50 years, so the anti-tobacco crowd can kiss my butt, too... lol

I was told that halons (which I have worked with a lot 114 / 1211) make you impotent 3 screaming 2 strokes later (children) I think not

Gingerair
15-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I like the 10 ltrs of piss one, class... :p

YoungBoy
15-03-2010, 09:29 PM
oopsy daisy...

matt.yelland
16-03-2010, 01:19 AM
You may need more than a couple of burn out driers though!!!!

Tayters
18-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I was told that halons (which I have worked with a lot 114 / 1211) make you impotent 3 screaming 2 strokes later (children) I think not

Are you sure they're yours?;)