PDA

View Full Version : Frick TDSH 355 oil press. problems

SQUATCH1
12-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I have a Frick TDSH 355 that has an oil pressure trouble, this is a well used machine and has over 40000 hrs on it, and has had very little work/service done on it.My service tech has called Frick and they are hardly any help, any suggestions?:rolleyes:

Magoo
12-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Check the oil filters would be a good start.
magoo

SQUATCH1
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Yep , done it, I have been all over this machine, I am thinking it is enternal, I ahve two with low oil pressure.

Josip
13-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi, SQUATCH1 :)

Yep , done it, I have been all over this machine, I am thinking it is enternal, I ahve two with low oil pressure.

how low is your oil pressure:confused: no data from you ...
what happen when compressor stops .... which alarms you have ....

this is guessing......

..... Discharge temperature very low. Oil temperature low and oil may be foaming in oil separator

..... Excessive liquid in suction line / liquid slugging. Check evaporator and economizer and expansion valve function.

..... Liquid injection overfeeding. .....Check the settings in control system (increase the set point). Check the stability of the liquid injection.

..... Oil pressure rapidly drops off when compressor starts. Results in compressor differential alarm Main oil injection throttling valve too wide open or oil pressure regulating valve improperly adjusted. Readjust both valves.

..... Oil pressure fluctuates. Liquid injection overfeeding or refrigerant flood back from system. Make necessary adjustments or corrections.

maybe will help a little ... possible not ... after 40000 working hours ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

josef
13-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Sorry gentlemen, 40 000 hours?, overhaul.
The tightness of the valve certainly does not work, balance piston? large loss of oil pressure.

salamander
15-03-2010, 05:16 AM
This big girl has the two stage/dual feed to the balance piston, i think. That may be the easiest solution. 40k is high, if you can't pull it, you should budget for a re-man before you're stuck.