PDA

View Full Version : Blast Chiller Need Advice

Royal241
12-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Hi there, well I am not familiar with bast chillers, so here it goes. I have a customer in catering sushi and he has a walk in med temp 1hp. 9000btu, R22. He wants to make it into a blast chiller, not freezer. Wants to pull the temp down to 38F in 60 minutes so he can deliver his crap. How can I do that? He's willing to change condenser and evaporator. Any ideas on these blasters? I will look around to get a better understanding but I would appreciate any suggestion, Be good, Be safe, Daniel.

lowcool
12-03-2010, 04:02 AM
my best suggestion is to scrap everything and start from new.have a chat with your wholesalers engineer.blast freezing of different products creates different issues and if he has any ideas as using it for storage also,the room panels probably arent thick enough let alone floor etc.

happy looking
cheers

Royal241
12-03-2010, 04:18 AM
It's not a blast freezer. The guy prepares fresh sushi at 6 am stores it in the cooler until 10 am, then delivers everything around town in his refrigerated truck. The cooler is not used for storage at all. Here is my thinking, I know it's stupid but I think and nothing happens. OK, I double the condenser and evaporator (electric defrost), stick the thermostat inside a fish head (fresh) and see what happens... Can that work?

lowcool
12-03-2010, 10:32 PM
dont see why not,get your airflow right as you dont want to spoil the product

Toosh
12-03-2010, 11:36 PM
It's not a blast freezer. The guy prepares fresh sushi at 6 am stores it in the cooler until 10 am, then delivers everything around town in his refrigerated truck. The cooler is not used for storage at all. Here is my thinking, I know it's stupid but I think and nothing happens. OK, I double the condenser and evaporator (electric defrost), stick the thermostat inside a fish head (fresh) and see what happens... Can that work?

Hi Royal In my reckoning the box should be recalculated to the new conditions, Is the guy willing to pay you to experiment. I DOUBT it. Download Coolpack its free and recalculate it

Toosh

Royal241
13-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Well thanks for advice, I wonder what Garry's input would be...