PDA

View Full Version : dirty condenser signal light

kengineering
11-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I am looking to install a light to signal when the condenser is dirty so the user could perform maintanence. It would come on before the high pressure cutout trips. I see two possibilities. One being a fan cycle control that makes contact on rise of pressure just below the safety cutout and lites the signal that the unit needs cleaning. Or a temp control with probe strapped to the hot gas line doing the same thing.
My question is which would be prefered and where would I sample the pressure or temperature to initiate the sequence. Thanks, Ken

lowcool
12-03-2010, 03:52 AM
why not fit another h/p control or an encapusulated pressure switch with a fixed range

frank
12-03-2010, 12:13 PM
.....or a differential pressure switch over the condenser

Brian_UK
12-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Why not get the user to enter into a maintenance agreement.

That way they don't have to think about it because you will do the work for them and that is how the money goes around. :)

kengineering
13-03-2010, 02:52 PM
why not fit another h/p control or an encapusulated pressure switch with a fixed range This would defiately be the way to go but
I have tried to find an encapsulated switch that makes on rise that has the right Make and Break psi. it seems they are only made as safteys and break on rise which would then require a relay further complicating things.

Why not get the user to enter into a maintenance agreement.
I work for the manufactuer that wants more sizzle on thier steak. Just started using a ranco fan cycler connected to the hot gas line. It works but the differential is wider than desired. I have been thinking or using the carel control that has a third temperature probe which could possibly used to turn on an indicator light

Am I ok connected to the hot gas before the condenser or would the liquid line be beter? ..Ken

Gary
13-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I would go with cond dT.

kengineering
13-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Gary, I had thought of that but just couldn't figure out how to get it done. Suggestions? Ken

Gary
13-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Gary, I had thought of that but just couldn't figure out how to get it done. Suggestions? Ken

Do I get a consulting fee? :)

Monitor the temps of the air entering and leaving the condenser, subtract entering from leaving, trip the alarm when the difference (dT) exceeds pre-determined value.

Of course, if the fan speed is controlled the alarm would only be enabled when the fan is running 100%.

kengineering
13-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I'll look you up next time I go fishing in FL. for that consult fee. Although we're just tring to hold on to our jobs here in NJ. It could be a while.

Just to clarify. I'm not actually cycling a fan with the Ranco. Set around 400 psi coil gets dirty, head goes up switch makes and lites an indicator. After cleaning the coil the lower head pressure is realised with the differntial set , lite goes out. It works fine and so far reliable but it's clunky.

I couldn't come up with a simple delta-T system.

My next attempt will be to get an accurate temp reading on the hot gas line. strap a temp probe with a programed temp and differential too turn the lite on and off. Then I can make a choice from a production standpoint.

Just trying to think of all possibilities. Thanks , Ken

nike123
13-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I
I couldn't come up with a simple delta-T system.

http://www.ojelectronics.com/Differential-Thermostat-65.aspx

Gary
13-03-2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.ojelectronics.com/Differential-Thermostat-65.aspx

That looks like a winner to me, Nike. :)

nike123
13-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Or this ESF-35-1 airflow transducer with relay:
http://www.ojelectronics.com/AIRFLOW-TRANSDUCERS-97.aspx

lowcool
13-03-2010, 11:39 PM
their are electronic controllers with this function,sensing liquid line temp,in alarm state the display flashes with its fault code.

oops i see you have already mentioned carel,definitly the easier way out me thinks

simon@parker
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
ever thought about a three month timer ?

nike123
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
ever thought about a three month timer

Zelio!........

simon@parker
13-04-2010, 05:18 PM
why make it more complex than it has to be sorry if my timer idea offends just seemed simple if condenser blocks regularly put a timer in for optimal time less to go wrong