PDA

View Full Version : UK F-gas valid in Europe?

Bagpuss
11-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Hello all

My first post!

I am a sole trader a/c eng, I am registered with ACRIB and REFCOM.
I have recently been asked if my certs are valid in Europe.
I have spoken to Refcom, who passed me to F-gas support.
F-gas support said the regulations were EU regs but each member country does things differently. and I should speak to the individual country's people.
I have e-mailed the uk trade part of the embassy in Portugal and await a useless reply..

My question is: Are our regs transferable to Europe so I can legally work with refrigerant in Portugal.

I'm hoping it will be like our driving licence, tested/passed here can use there.

Any clarification would be great. Ta

Grizzly
11-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Yours is a very good question Bagpuss.
I would like to think that the answer is Yes?
Given that part of the justification for all of us to retrain is to reach the required European Standard.
It will be interesting to know the answer and thank you for asking it.
Grizzly

cool runings
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Hello all

My first post!

I am a sole trader a/c eng, I am registered with ACRIB and REFCOM.
I have recently been asked if my certs are valid in Europe.
I have spoken to Refcom, who passed me to F-gas support.
F-gas support said the regulations were EU regs but each member country does things differently. and I should speak to the individual country's people.
I have e-mailed the uk trade part of the embassy in Portugal and await a useless reply..

My question is: Are our regs transferable to Europe so I can legally work with refrigerant in Portugal.

I'm hoping it will be like our driving licence, tested/passed here can use there.

Any clarification would be great. Ta

The answer is yes...

Refcom should know this, it is part of the Europeaon directive

Training and certification (Art. 5)
For the applications concerned by containment requirements, the Management Committee (established by Art. 12.2) will, by 4 July 2007, establish minimum requirements and conditions for mutual recognition regarding training programmes and certification for the companies and the technical personnel involved in installation, maintenance or servicing.
Certification programmes will cover the knowledge of regulations and standards, as well as the necessary competence in emission prevention and recovery of Fgases.
On that basis, and by 4 July 2008, Member States shall establish or adapt their own training and certification requirements, and will give recognition to the certificates issued in another Member State.
By 4 July 2009 Member States shall ensure that the involved companies can only take delivery of F-gases if their relevant personnel is certified.

Cheers cool runnings.